Thread: Holy crap!! That's a deal!! (RX-8)

Default Holy crap!! That's a deal!! (RX-8)

Hiley Mazda is offering one heck of a lease special on leftover manual tranny '05 RX-8s: $213 a month!

Yeah, $2500 down, and no real mention of the terms... but if that's a typical 12k/year 36 or 48 month lease, that's a heck of a deal!

Hmm... Maybe B Stock in '06? Think I could talk the wife into leasing an autocross-only car?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Would the terms of lease allow for racing of the vehicle??
    It's been done before...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Sounds tasty, keep us updated on if the wife allows for such a vehicle.
    November 12, 2005 - A new beginning
    Devil: 1999 Brilliant Black NB - Base Edition - Stock Spec

AIM ID: ZeroXR13mg
    http://zeroxr.com

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Would the terms of lease allow for racing of the vehicle??
    I wouldnt try and find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Majik
    I wouldnt try and find out.
    Falls under normal wear and tear. Come on kids just because it's a leased vehicle doesn't mean you have to be gentle on it..... Just think of it as a long term rental car!

Watch the millage and residuals on that deal, if it sounds tooo good to be true it more than likely is! Oh yea don't forget about the crappy gas mileage an RX8 gets. I know a guy who would more than likely let ya take over the lease on his RX8 just to get rid of it!

BTW. that's $2,500 down PLUS TTL. for that payment I'm betting you'll have it for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Falls under normal wear and tear. Come on kids just because it's a leased vehicle doesn't mean you have to be gentle on it..... Just think of it as a long term rental car!

Watch the millage and residuals on that deal, if it sounds tooo good to be true it more than likely is! Oh yea don't forget about the crappy gas mileage an RX8 gets. I know a guy who would more than likely let ya take over the lease on his RX8 just to get rid of it!
    Yeah, but I'll bet his payment is a whole lot more than $213 a month.

Tempting as it might be, the Miata - which has been paid off for a couple of years - costs me a whole lot less than $213 a month to own. Still, I probably will lease my next autocross car (as long as I'm running in Stock), since fuel economy and annual mileage on the third car in the household isn't really a concern - the Miata saw less than 250 miles last month, and most of that was down to MSR and back last weekend.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Yeah, but I'll bet his payment is a whole lot more than $213 a month.
    IIRC it's pretty close to this number..... I could be wrong, it would be nice if Jon wasn't such a and would sign up for this forum since he actually has recently acquired a Pristine 1992 Miata.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    ... since he actually has recently acquired a Pristine 1992 Miata.
    He's got TWO Miatas now?
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    He's got TWO Miatas now?

doesn't look too far off of town North's lease deals either..

2005 MAZDA RX-8 SPECIAL 24 MONTH LEASE PROGRAM

RX-8 BASE 6-SPEED: $229/MTH

RX-8 BASE AUTO: $220/MTH

RX-8 GT 6-SPEED: $349/MTH

RX-8 GT AUTO: $339/MTH

S-PLANS ARE WELCOMED!

2005 Mazda RX-8:"The RX-8 holds curves so firmly that it seems to straighten them out."

U.S. News & World Report 6/22/04

RX-8 Base 6-Speed ($27435): 1.3L Renesis Rotary, 238 HP@8500 RPM, 6-Speed Manual Transmission, Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS), 18 Inch Alloy Wheels,and much more....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2005 RX-8 BASE LEASE: MSRP $27435, 24 MTH LEASE; 12K/YR; TOTAL PAYMENTS $5520; $3281 TOTAL DUE AT LEASE SIGNING WITH $0 SECURITY DEPOSIT; 1 FINAL PAYMENT AT $15638; $5000 TOTAL LEASE REBATE ASSIGNED TO DEALER, WITH APPROVED CREDIT VIA MAZDA AMERICAN CREDIT....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RX-8 Base Auto ($25935): 1.3L Renesis Rotary, 197 HP@7200 RPM, 4-Speed Sport Automatic Transmission, Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS), 16 Inch Alloy Wheels,and much more....

2005 RX-8 BASE AUTOMATIC LEASE: MSRP $25935, 24 MTH LEASE; 12K/YR; TOTAL PAYMENTS $5280; $3392 TOTAL DUE AT LEASE SIGNING WITH $0 SECURITY DEPOSIT; 1 FINAL PAYMENT AT $14265; $5000 TOTAL LEASE REBATE ASSIGNED TO DEALER, WITH APPROVED CREDIT VIA MAZDA AMERICAN CREDIT....

RX-8 Grand Touring 6-Speed ($33694): 1.3L Renesis Rotary, 238 HP@8500 RPM, 6-Speed Manual Transmission, Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS), 18 Inch Alloy Wheels, Self-leveling Xenon headlights, DSC, Sport-tuned suspension, 300-watt Bose 9-speaker audio system, Power sliding-glass moonroof, Leather-trimmed upholstery, Power driver side seat, Heater seats & mirrors, Appearance pkg, and much more....

2005 RX-8 GT 6-SPEED LEASE: MSRP $33694, 24 MTH LEASE; 12K/YR; TOTAL PAYMENTS $8386; $3350 TOTAL DUE AT LEASE SIGNING WITH $0 SECURITY DEPOSIT; 1 FINAL PAYMENT AT $19206; $5000 TOTAL LEASE REBATE ASSIGNED TO DEALER, WITH APPROVED CREDIT VIA MAZDA AMERICAN CREDIT....

RX-8 Grand Touring Automatic ($32934): 1.3L Renesis Rotary, 197 HP@7200 RPM, 4-Speed Sport Automatic Transmission, Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS), 18 Inch Alloy Wheels, Self-leveling Xenon headlights, DSC, Sport-tuned suspension, 300-watt Bose 9-speaker audio system, Power sliding-glass moonroof, Leather-trimmed upholstery, Power driver side seat, Heater seats & mirrors, Appearance pkg, and much more....

2005 RX-8 GT AUTOMATIC LEASE: MSRP $32934, 24 MTH LEASE; 12K/YR; TOTAL PAYMENTS $8160; $3373 TOTAL DUE AT LEASE SIGNING WITH $0 SECURITY DEPOSIT; 1 FINAL PAYMENT AT $18114; $5000 TOTAL LEASE REBATE ASSIGNED TO DEALER, WITH APPROVED CREDIT VIA MAZDA AMERICAN CREDIT
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??

Don't forget that you could also apply your Zoom Zoom coupon!