Thread: Shop For Balance And Mounting Tires

Default Shop For Balance And Mounting Tires

Any recommendation for a good place in Garland, Mesquite or Richardson area for tire mounting and balance? Bought another set of tires from Tire Rack and need a good place to get the mounting and balance done. Preferably with good balance machine.

Thanks in advance.
    Gabriel

Discount Tire

Most of them have Hunter Balancer Machines.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

You may want to try Sam's or Costco! Because I know your looking for a "cost effective" solution!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    You may want to try Sam's or Costco!
    I used Sam's when I got my 'new' wheels balanced last month. It was a just under $40 out the door IIRC.

Costco was 9 bucks a wheel to mount and balance. I'm sure a four wheel balance is even cheaper.

Chris

I have think of Sam's & Costco, but they don't have road force balance . I just have to pay a private shop that has the Hunter machine. The Discount Tire in this side of town did not even come to the phone to give a quote .

I just can't see why it takes $17-$19 to mount and balance a tire. Considering it is basically a low-tech job which the shop pays the tech around $12-$15 an hour at the most. A set of 4 tires takes no longer than 20 minutes to do. Someone please educate me
    Gabriel

Pay for the machine, electricity, tools, training to use the machine etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Majik
    Pay for the machine, electricity, tools, training to use the machine etc.
    You actually bought that line? Most folks only get a set of tires every few years so they don't think anything about the price, plus the installation is normally buried in the price of the tires. Most shops can get away with it due to the fact the market will bear that price level.

[Sales Mode : On]
    A standard high end (non force) balance machine will set a shop back less that $8,000 so not a lot of capital for most shops. Plus with leasing options the monthly outlay is light for a moderate volume shop.
    [Sales Mode : off]

Gab why do you want the road force balance what the advantage over conventional balancing???

I was just guessing what the reason for the cost. I mean, you can get a peice of fish from the ocean for free cook it on the grill for the cost of lighter fluid and charcoal. We still have to charge a price higher than that for labor, bills, mortgage, and to hopefully one day make a profit, rather than being a small employment agency.

I was just guessing what the reason for the cost. I mean, you can get a peice of fish from the ocean for free cook it on the grill for the cost of lighter fluid and charcoal. We still have to charge a price higher than that for labor, bills, mortgage, and to hopefully one day make a profit, rather than being a small employment agency.
    Fish is not capital equipment so it's hard to depreciate that fish over several years.

SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, and as slow as it is during the winter, we can depreciate it over a few months.... ewww

speaking of slow... it's too bad the last S2k autox was on Sunday... it would have been fun watching sammm beat you with his small block...

Fish is not capital equipment so it's hard to depreciate that fish over several years.
    I don't care who you are, that's just funny!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    speaking of slow... it's too bad the last S2k autox was on Sunday... it would have been fun watching sammm beat you with his small block...
    Shiznit, I have fresh rubber that was made within the last two years, oh and also suspension now... next event its on....

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    Shiznit, I have fresh rubber that was made within the last two years, oh and also suspension now... next event its on....
    Bring it on beeyawtch! I ain't skeered!

Gab why do you want the road force balance what the advantage over conventional balancing???
    I read something that it gives you the perfect balance of the tire. Educate me if I am worng. This set of tires is strictly for the street which I have to live with longer than one season. I don't want to put up with any vibration etc. which my present set is giving me.

By the way I finally find the Discount Tire that wants to work with me. Mike, the manager at the store at Garland Road and LBJ, saying that he will give me a set of ES100 195/50/15 for $275 + Tax (mount & road force balance with the Hunter machine). Not bad at all.
    Gabriel