Thread: anybody going to IRL?

Default anybody going to IRL?

I just found out my buddy's dad isnt going to take his motorhome next weekend for the first time in 4 years which sucks. but luckily i'm getting 2 free tickets and pit passes (courtesy of marlboro) for it. i have never sat in the bleachers at the track. is it fun to watch it from out there? anyone else going to be there?
    2012 VW GTI
    4 Door White

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Please see this post http://forums.dfwmiata.com/viewtopic.php?t=93

Actually, I may be the only one on here. Seems SCCA Divisional is that weekend at MineralRing, and everybody is going there instead.

Seats are MUCH better than infield for watching the race - if that is why you are there. We're just below the mezanine at the entrance to pit lane. Great seats. About 10 of us sit together - season tickets since first year.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

I will most likely be there, i am bidding on tickets now...

didn't mean to cross post. sorry

i did talk to my friend yesterday and he is going to be getting me an infield parking pass for my car, so i will be driving in and backing up my xterra to a fence and watching from there more than likely. anybody is more than welcome to come hang out as long as you can get in the infield.
    2012 VW GTI
    4 Door White

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

No problem since nobody has been there since FEB

I will be in the campground Wed nite if the 79 Winnie will crank backed up to the water tower fence in the reserved area.

Chucka if you can sneak through the pedestrian tunnel, you are welcome to come sit with us for a while and see how it looks from the stands.

Majik - did you get your tickets? The invite applies to you too if you bring some fresh fish tacos or gumbo :P

Cell phone will be on - 972-816-5296
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Yep, I got some vouchers for tickets, and since it is the IRL, I will just sit where ever. Ill call you when we get there. I bet Gumbo stays better, bowl or cup?