Thread: Fires again

Default Fires again

More grass fires started today, I hope everyone here wasnt affected. I noticed this in the article though.

In another fire west of Fort Worth, structures were reported damaged and residents were being evacuated near the Mineral Wells airport, Weaver said.
    I am guessing that is the airport where we autoX, there isnt another one around.
    http://www.nbc5i.com/weather/5779869/detail.html

I took a picture of the sun tonight from Tulsa, OK, as it was being filtered through a huge smoke cloud... and then stopped off at a scenic turnout and tried to take some pictures of a large grass fire but the wind was blowing the car too much to get a real clear picture with the very long aperture times I was having to use taking the pics at night.

There were a lot of fires belching smoke all over. It was wild - crystal clear in Missouri, but within 4 miles of crossing the Oklahoma border there were fires all over and hazy smoke filled skies.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    There were a lot of fires belching smoke all over. It was wild - crystal clear in Missouri, but within 4 miles of crossing the Oklahoma border there were fires all over and hazy smoke filled skies.

RJ
    Yeah, I noticed the thick haze the other day. The fallout from the fires is causing hell for my allergies. Hopefully we'll get some good rain before the fires cause too much more damage.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

There was a small town up here, west of Gainsville (pop 250 is what I heard), where 80% of the town is gone now.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Time to rake the leaves, scalp the yard and make sure the automatic spriklers are working properly.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region