Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thinking about this seat -

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    Some of us have to work on Friday morning!

RJ
    Yea I'm in the same boat gots to work.... Hey 3Bean Post Pictures A.S.A.P.!
    I got it... I like it!

As soon as I get home tonight (around midnight) I'll post some pics...

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Some of us have to work on Friday morning!

RJ
    Yea I'm in the same boat gots to work.... Hey 3Bean Post Pictures A.S.A.P.!
    I got it... I like it!

As soon as I get home tonight (around midnight) I'll post some pics...
    Well 3Bean you going to post the pictures sometime in the near future?

you going to post the pictures sometime in the near future?

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

you going to post the pictures sometime in the near future?
    Maybe, after buying the seat, he can't afford film for his digital camera.

Or the seat didn't fit as well as he first thought and he's sitting in the car.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething

Or the seat didn't fit as well as he first thought and he's sitting in the car.
    Bingo! There are a couple of fitment issues... but there's a spec guy out at MSR that said he could help me out.

Fitment issues?

Is that what all the sirens were? Did the local Fire Dept. have to use the jaws of life to cut yer butt out of that seat?

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Fitment issues?

Is that what all the sirens were? Did the local Fire Dept. have to use the jaws of life to cut yer butt out of that seat?

RJ
    Let me be more specific.... not fitment issues with me in the seat... issues with the seat in the car. I may have to cut some of the tranny tunnel in order to get the seat where I want it. This is gonna be fun!

Wouldn't it be easier to trim the seat?

BTW. if you are making the car into a Spec Miata would it be OK to cut the tunnel??

Da Rulz say:
    e. Carpets, center consoles, cargo bins, drivers seat belt, floor mat, radio system, headliners, dome lights, grab handles and their insulating and attaching materials may be removed. Other than to provide for the installation of required safety equipment or other authorized modifications, no other driver/ passenger compartment alterations or gutting are permitted. The driver's door window glass, window operating mechanism, and inside door latch/lock operating mechanism may be removed and the inner door structural panel may be modified, but not removed. The stock side impact beam, if equipped, and the outside door latch/lock operating mechanism shall not be removed or modified. This gutting of the door shall only be made to the driver's door and shall only be made if roll cage incorporates NASCAR-style side protection extending into the door.

I'm trimming the top of the seat just a touch... but to make it sit where I want it, I've got to drill out the spot welds on the rear seat mounts and then either cut or hammer out about a two inch square area around the tranny. Right now, the interior is all out of my car and it's easy to see what work needs to be done.

I'm gonna have fun drive when this thing becomes the track car I've been wanting...

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Right now, the interior is all out of my car and it's easy to see what work needs to be done.
    You don't happen to have any pictures yet do ya??

BTW. if you are making the car into a Spec Miata would it be OK to cut the tunnel??

Da Rulz say:
    e. Carpets, center consoles, cargo bins, drivers seat belt, floor mat, radio system, headliners, dome lights, grab handles and their insulating and attaching materials may be removed. Other than to provide for the installation of required safety equipment or other authorized modifications, no other driver/ passenger compartment alterations or gutting are permitted. The driver's door window glass, window operating mechanism, and inside door latch/lock operating mechanism may be removed and the inner door structural panel may be modified, but not removed. The stock side impact beam, if equipped, and the outside door latch/lock operating mechanism shall not be removed or modified. This gutting of the door shall only be made to the driver's door and shall only be made if roll cage incorporates NASCAR-style side protection extending into the door.

Cutting and re-shaping/welding of the floor pan only allows for fitment of the seat. From what I've read on SpecMiata.com others have done the same and haven't had an issue. Obviously, this is up for further review.

Here are some photos.

Cool 3-bean . Any chance you'll have that seat in place by this coming weekend (and the ER event at Pennington)?

I've got some 16ga. CRS give me some dimensions and I'll see if I can get you the plates.

Then all you would need is someone with a welder.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12