Thread: Just need to vent

Default Just need to vent

I don't post much but I need to vent amoung a sympathetic audience.

I walk out to go work Monday morning and find that a 6x8 inch hole has been cut out of my 5 month old top. I stood there looking at it in stunned silence...not because someone had broken into my car but because THE DOORS WEREN'T LOCKED!!!!! I never lock the doors for this very reason. So that if someone wants to rummage around in my car...they'll just open the door and do it and see that there's nothing in there. But not this genious...oh no he has to cut a gaping hole right above my head before he figures out that the door isn't locked. ARRRRRRRGHHHGHHHGH!!
    -Elliott-
    -92 White A-Pkg (gone)
    -2011 Mazda3i

Sorry to hear that. It seems this has happened to quite a few others here
    No more Miata

Damn that sucks..... Sorry.......

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Bastards! Sorry to hear that.

Man sorry to hear about that. Nothing worse than coming out to see something wrong with your car.

Someone needs to come up with some type of steel mesh that fits over the top of the car and hooks to the battery.
    I have been a victim of this sort of thing too but on another vehicle, sorry to hear about it...it always sucks especially when you leave the doors unlocked.
    99 Miata Black

Chassis Designer WhiteLightning's Avatar

I know how you feel. When i went through my first break in on my Trans Am.....they broke through the hatch, and driver window.....and the door where unlocked. They stole everything out of the car....headunit, subs, amp, and other interior accs.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteLightning
    I know how you feel. When i went through my first break in on my Trans Am.....they broke through the hatch, and driver window.....and the door where unlocked. They stole everything out of the car....headunit, subs, amp, and other interior accs.
    I had my WHOLE Trans Am stolen for the T-tops. The rest was beaten with bats and poles. Every piece of plastic broken, brand new 6x9's got a knife stuck through them, every body panel dented, all for $400 in T-tops and maybe $500 in wheels. Mine was the 13th reported stolen that day. They even knifed my soccer ball.

Too bad people can't leave others stuff alone.

Sorry that happened to your top.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Let's catch the bastards and give them 30 days probation.

Sorry to hear of your troubles.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Sorry to hear that. Man you guys have been unlucky! That's unbelievable about the Trans Am!

I've been lucky with my bad luck(if that makes sence ) I have only had a small back window in my truck broken and I almost caught them so nothing else damaged. And the last time, all they did was get the gauge cluster from my other Miata but I caught that bastard! They meet Mr. 12 gauge then the Police took'em away!
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie
    Mine was the 13th reported stolen that day.
    WTF??? Were they taking parts from each of them to build one really great Trans Am???

You know, if someone steals my car and sells it on the black market, I'd be pissed, but I can understand the motive. But wanton destruction and vandalism completely piss me off.

S.