• String Cheese

4 22.22%
  • U-Verse

3 16.67%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you get your TV Signal??

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    I said it would also take $50 in PPV credits and they said DONE. I still didn't go back.
    Like the free pr0n, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac View Post
    ...FIOS...Love the service.
    If only they were offering this in Frisco.

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

if it's worth watching you can download it off the net the day after it shows with out commercials and watch it over and over again
    Last edited by jeff_man; 06-20-2007 at 03:09 PM.

Talking

I's still gots the OTA stations. They are still offering TV for free!!! If you get a HD tuner for the OTA stations, you can about double your viewing pleasure and it still comes without a monthly bill.

If you want to watch some of the satellite/cable stuff, go look at Joost on the web. If you want an invite to Joost, PM me or TtT.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Quote Originally Posted by Radio-Active View Post
    I's still gots the OTA stations. They are still offering TV for free!!! If you get a HD tuner for the OTA stations, you can about double your viewing pleasure and it still comes without a monthly bill.

If you want to watch some of the satellite/cable stuff, go look at Joost on the web. If you want an invite to Joost, PM me or TtT.
    Me too I use OTA. And PM.

Had to add one more point of view for TV signals:

Linkie:

Not Work Safe!
    Last edited by Radio-Active; 06-29-2007 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Warning, NWS language...
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Default Back from the dead - Part II

Once again I need a better TV solution. I know FIOS rocks, but I can't get it at my house.

I think I'm going with U-Verse or DirecTV. Any recent experiences to share?

(I've re-opened the poll and wiped it clean)

Move?
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser View Post
    Move?
    No, ditching cable.

No... To somewhere with FIOS.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

^
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser View Post
    No... To somewhere with FIOS.
    That ain't happening either.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    Once again I need a better TV solution. I know FIOS rocks, but I can't get it at my house.

I think I'm going with U-Verse or DirecTV. Any recent experiences to share?

(I've re-opened the poll and wiped it clean)
    Need to add U-Verse to the Poll choices.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by wrx74 View Post
    Need to add U-Verse to the Poll choices.
    Done.

UVerse sucks!

Customer service is some of the worst I have ever dealt with. HD signal being feed in my house just barely counts as HD. Pausing of live TV seems to be controlled by them not you. They like creeping your bill up on you as time passes. Did I mention they suck??

If you have low standards and lower expectations these are your guys!

Sadly they are about my only choice in Ft. Worth and the Cable guys before them sucked almost as bad. Tried to go back to Cable a couple months back and they were more $$$ than Uverse

Enjoy the ride!

Chassis Designer

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    UVerse sucks!

Customer service is some of the worst I have ever dealt with. HD signal being feed in my house just barely counts as HD. Pausing of live TV seems to be controlled by them not you. They like creeping your bill up on you as time passes. Did I mention they suck??

Sadly they are about my only choice in Ft. Worth and the Cable guys before them sucked almost as bad. Tried to go back to Cable a couple months back and they were more $$$ than Uverse

Enjoy the ride!
    Well said!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

UVerse sucks!
    I haven't heard many good things concerning UVerse. Plus, we are > 3000' from the VRAD. ATT supposedly are bonding pairs or something like that now to compensate, but I'm not sold on it.

UVerse sucks!

Enjoy the ride!
    +1 to this. We briefly had uverse internet only and it's gotta be below their lowes tier customer service. They kept trying to sweet talk us into cable tv and after we refused slapped us with a huge bill randomly for full HD DVR service. We called and they said it was a 'computer error'. Couple months later we get shipping notification out of the blue for like 3 DVRs and new modem...haha. Same 'computer error' BS. That was about the only 4 months out of 6 that the service actually worked. The only positive is they didn't require a contract. See ya guys....

Unfortunately our part of Euless is still in the stone ages so the next best is Time Warner. We have an HD antenna on the roof for local news & weather, and I guess now whatever basic package comes with internet. I haven't watched a TV show not streamed over internet in over a year.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Sammm couldn't you and the wife get Matlock and Judge Judy on the antenna rather than messing with all that new fangled technology??

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

^I could, but the wife wants HGTV and I want FSSW.

I am using the Roku boxes now. you still need an internet provider, but once your are past that you can select a bunch of options. no espn, but much more bizarre offerings.
    95 r white

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast