Thread: It's a B to play sometimes

Default It's a B to play sometimes

I was just wondering if there is anyone here that has had a setback in music productivity?
    I know some of you play, or at one point did.
    The reason I bring it up is that here lately I have had a writters block and cant seem to play as well as I used to, due this be to lack of todays influnece by current misic, or lack of inspiration...I am not sure.
    Just curious if there is anyone here that has had the same encounter and, What did you do to resolve the problem?

the only reason I'm posting this here is that this is the Bull forum.
    Just curious.
    99 Miata Black

Similar story, my band (ok so its me and my friend matt) has no drummer or singer. Matt writes all the music, and I help with the base lines. None of our songs have words yet, because were not really poetic, and neither one of us can sing (good). Were gonna work on covering some songs to see if that helps us any.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Just read. Read anything and everything. Often times, I'll get inspired to write something after reading a certian line from a book or poem. Never tried to write a song but I write quite often. I get inspired by many things, often unexpected hence the reason for a little note pad and pen in the glove box so I can write down any idea that pops up.

Also try listening to different genres of musik to get new influences. Never tried to write a song but I write quite often.

Good luck!
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blaze
    I was just wondering if there is anyone here that has had a setback in ... productivity?
    Old age, and too many drugs, dude. I mean.....look at your car................
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

That should be enough inspiration on it's own right Merv?...lol
    99 Miata Black