Thread: RX-7 mechanic

Default RX-7 mechanic

A guy at work has a 88 RX-7 that needs some engine work done. The only shop I have heard of around here is Rotary Performance in Garland. Does anyone know if they are a good source or know of a better shop he could take the car to?
    No more Miata

Don Marvel at MarvelSpeed in Rowlett (972-475-644, just a couple mile from Rotary Performance. RP was not customer friendly when I deal with them last time.

Don was the master mechanice at Town North until several months. He is the best rotary engine mechanic around here. Actually he was the one who taught the guy at RP years ago on rotary engine.

No affiliation here, just that I take all my cars to him! He is a nice, honest guy and does good work. However, he may be booked through the month. If you have emergency work need to be done, he can work with you on that. You can bring your parts to him too.
    Gabriel

Yep, MarvelSpeed is a great place. I've delt with them and so does my friend who happens to have a 90 RX7 that's about to be converted to turbo. Oh yeah, and his wife drives a Miata! At least she did a couple years ago.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Rotary Performance has pretty much stopped working on anything but the last generation of Rx7s, unless they just happen to need some extra work to do...

Don Marvel is good in rowlette, but also a busy guy..

Gotham Racing in Hurst does nothing but rotaries..
    www.gothamracing.com

Sam, at A&B motors (817-461-8119 )in arlington is in the process of re-motoring my 84 Rx-7.

Also there's BDC (Brian Cane) in Grand Prarie that is master with the 2nd gen cars.. http://www.bdcmotorsports.com

that should give you a good start to call on...
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??

Thanks for the replies I gave him all the info of the guys you recommended.
    No more Miata