Thread: MSR This Sunday 2/12

Default MSR This Sunday 2/12

Anybody wanna come play??? I've got a set of tires I need to burn up. Ohhhh! and I am playing with my new transponder. No more fishing tails of laptimes. Now I am gonna know.
    Last edited by Screamin'Screw; 02-10-2006 at 04:10 PM.
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

Quote Originally Posted by Screamin'Screw
    Anybody wanna come play??? I've got a set of tires I need to burn up.
    What are you doing Saturday? (hint: check your voicemail! )
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

These are my tires not yours. I've got a new set in the mail and the old set has got to go.
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

These are my tires not yours. I've got a new set in the mail and the old set has got to go.
    I wasn't suggesting that they were my tires... but I'd like to arrange to get my tires - and more importantly the wheels they're attached to - back.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Anybody wanna come play??? I've got a set of tires I need to burn up. Ohhhh! and I am playing with my new transponder. No more fishing tails of laptimes. Now I am gonna know.
    do you have a membership? cant you bring in someone free? is this an invite? if so, im sooo there. ps do you already have someone to mount and balance them? and yes, i AM a TCB member, can you tell?

Haha yea, how much is it?
    Black 2002 Honda S2000
    Black 1992 Euro spec BMW 735iL
    Black 2003 Honda CBR 600 RR

Quote Originally Posted by BAM!
    do you have a membership? cant you bring in someone free? is this an invite? if so, im sooo there. ps do you already have someone to mount and balance them? and yes, i AM a TCB member, can you tell?
    It's NEVER free! You have to at least pay the session fees.......
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

i got up, (late) fueled up, flew to work, (spent $$ on the tollway) and found out im off today.... too bad youre out screamin around thetrack now and im online.

Duh!
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)

Quote Originally Posted by BAM!
    i got up, (late) fueled up, flew to work, (spent $$ on the tollway) and found out im off today.... too bad youre out screamin around thetrack now and im online.

Give it a try it works.

I was there, but never got on the track. TDE folks and I went down and checked out the new section they are about to finish. We had an event scheduled for the new section but cancelled it...It has a ways to go before being ready for track traffic...
    OzCop
    MSM
    "It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"

Sorry guys,

I was there from 10:30 to about 2pm. A few of the corvettes I beat in Episode 104 of "Motorspotrt Ranch" coming to VOOM TV near you in March decided to return the favor and put the hurt on the Miata. I blew an intercoller pipe on my first run session, but managed to fix it before the end of the run session. I turned down the boost until I can get a better solution.

With a low boost of 9psi, the miata becomes kind of a whimp vs the corvette. Plus, the '06 has burned through 4 sets of Hoosier tires since November putting on over 300 laps. He had a brand new set of sticker hoosiers tires.

Second session went well, but still 2 seconds behind the lap times I was running in the show. The transponder tells no lies! I'll let you guys know the next time I am out.

I saw a good friend of mine John George out there. John won the 2004 and 2005 American Iron Series and is on his way to doing it agaan with a sweep last weekend including both poles. He is also building a fantastic new race car.
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

Intercooler problems? I wonder what you could do to improve your FM system?

What if there was a system that was half the weight of the FM intercooler setup, 14 lbs verses 28 lbs, a 1/4th of the plumbing length, a lot less hose fittings, stainless steel instead of plain steel, considerable less volume for faster response, a lot less pressure drop and by far the best looking system on the market.

I wonder where you might find that setup? Sorry, I could not resist.

Gary
    Danger!!! This Dog Bites.
    www.trackdogracing.com

Quote Originally Posted by shuhart1
    Intercooler problems? I wonder what you could do to improve your FM system?

What if there was a system that was half the weight of the FM intercooler setup, 14 lbs verses 28 lbs, a 1/4th of the plumbing length, a lot less hose fittings, stainless steel instead of plain steel, considerable less volume for faster response, a lot less pressure drop and by far the best looking system on the market.

I wonder where you might find that setup? Sorry, I could not resist.

Gary

....and it's FREE!!!!!!!!! NOT!

Well, Snuffleupaguss Gary. If I could afford your intercooler, I would get it. Perhaps it will be part of some undisclosed new Spec class of miata making it more affordable???

Everything was fine with the FMII until I decided to powder coat the intercooler pipes. Instead of a crinkle finish, I selected a GLOSS finish. Since then, the Clamps have had a hard time keeping the hoses together. Although, if the pipes were bead rolled, this would not be such an issue.
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

Well, Snuffleupaguss Gary. If I could afford your intercooler, I would get it. Perhaps it will be part of some undisclosed new Spec class of miata making it more affordable???

Everything was fine with the FMII until I decided to powder coat the intercooler pipes. Instead of a crinkle finish, I selected a GLOSS finish. Since then, the Clamps have had a hard time keeping the hoses together. Although, if the pipes were bead rolled, this would not be such an issue.
    Any decent metal fab shop ought to be able to either roll or weld a bead on your existing pipes for a minimal fee. Of course, it'll f*&^ up your pretty powdercoating... but I guess at least the pipes look good right now when they're blowing hose clamps.
    Iain