View Poll Results: What time slot do we want?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • 8:00 AM

0 0%
  • 9:00 AM

0 0%
  • 10:00 AM

1 10.00%
  • 11:00 AM

4 40.00%
  • 12:00 PM

3 30.00%
  • 1:30 PM

0 0%
  • 2:30 PM

0 0%
  • 3:30 PM

0 0%
  • I'm free whenever

2 20.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wanna thrash a BMW325i, a Subaru Legacy GT, and a Volvo S60?

Default Wanna thrash a BMW325i, a Subaru Legacy GT, and a Volvo S60?

Road & Track's Ride & Drive program is coming to Dallas/Fort Worth (the Ballpark in Arlington, to be exact), the weekend of July 24/25. The 25th is an SCCA event at Pennington, but I'm thinking it would be fun to get a group together for Saturday. Anyone interested?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Sounds like a blast, I'm in. Gotta love thrashing someone else's car.

Let me know what time and I am there. Early afternoon as in 12: or so is best for me, as I need to back on this side of town to go to work at 4 or so.

Sounds like fun. What time slot are you shooting for?
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Sounds like fun! (sammm posting at 1:30am?!?!? I love my job! )

I voted for 11am BTW.

I've edited the original post to include a poll on what time we want to go. PLease vote, and once we've decided on a time, we can register.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I want to go!

But if we go out there on Saturday, we'll miss the SCCA AX School!

I might be interested. I'll have to find out what the event is all about... if "thrashing" means anything like what Mazda set up for it's Mazda Rev It Up, then I'm probably not interested. Not that Mazda's thing was bad, but other than the two "cold" (no course walk, no time in the car to figure it out) autocross runs, everything else was seriously controlled. It was fun, and I give Mazda a ton of credit for doing it, but it wasn't what I'd call "thrashing"... :P

BTW, I "voted" for
    I'm free whenever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel
    But if we go out there on Saturday, we'll miss the SCCA AX School!

I might be interested. I'll have to find out what the event is all about... if "thrashing" means anything like what Mazda set up for it's Mazda Rev It Up, then I'm probably not interested. Not that Mazda's thing was bad, but other than the two "cold" (no course walk, no time in the car to figure it out) autocross runs, everything else was seriously controlled. It was fun, and I give Mazda a ton of credit for doing it, but it wasn't what I'd call "thrashing"... :P

BTW, I "voted" for
    I'm free whenever.
    Man, I'm glad you got your long and inaccurate list of excuses out of the way!

I'd bet it will be a very controlled test drive scenario! Sounds like fun!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    What excuses? All I'm saying is that if they are going to have folks yelling at me to slow down, what's the use? Heck, I get that from the passenger seat all the time, and I don't have to drive to Arlington and wait in lines to get it...

What excuses? All I'm saying is that if they are going to have folks yelling at me to slow down, what's the use? Heck, I get that from the passenger seat all the time, and I don't have to drive to Arlington and wait in lines to get it...
    Aw come on out and play! It will be fun!

Aw come on out and play! It will be fun!
    You are less likeley to have an instructor wreck your car than at the SCCA AX School. Not to mention there's a H ters less than 5 minutes away.

From the previously linked website:

...experiencing acceleration, braking, handling, and accident avoidance situations and forming your own opinions...
    So it sounds like you'll get to push it to the limits at least a little bit (threshold braking and accident avoidance).

So, the question remains: 11 am or 12 noon? What's the consensus, or do we all just want to pick our own times and have a little overlap from one session to the other?
    Iain

Dont get me wrong, I am coming, but I do agree with Kestrel.
    I have been to a Merceds "c-spot" event. You get to drive a c class around a crappy narrow autoX course with cars let go 10 seconds before you. I have also done GMs version with their cars and others. This experience taught me not to bring along your girlfriend, as she thinks every car you drive will roll. Or maybe that was just my driving... . However, since this is free and a good excuse to drive someone elses car hard atleast for a second, it is worth it so Ill see yall there.

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    So, the question remains: 11 am or 12 noon? What's the consensus, or do we all just want to pick our own times and have a little overlap from one session to the other?
    I'm leaning towards 11:00!

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

I'm in for 11. Where are we going for lunch after?
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Majik
    This experience taught me not to bring along your girlfriend, as she thinks every car you drive will roll.
    No, she thinks every car YOU drive will roll, and I know why
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Thanks for registering, Mick! You should receive an email in your inbox shortly with your registration information.
    Sweet!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I'm in at 11am.

Thanks for registering, Sam! You should receive an email in your inbox shortly with your registration information.

To update/cancel please email us at [email protected] or call 1-877-DRIVE41.

I just tried to register and it said the 11:00 was full I am sure there will be spots, so I registered for the 12 and I will just show up early and tell them something came up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast