Thread: Beautiful Music from Stupid people.

Default Beautiful Music from Stupid people.

So I was heading west on 121 in heavy Frisco mall traffic yesterday afternoon, When I ended up the front car at the Parkwood Blvd light (Between the mall and IKEA). I instantly notice 2 dream cars sitting side by side on south bound Parkwood, waiting for the light to turn green. The first car is a blue Porsche 911 (I believe it was a 993 Turbo S, but I could be wrong). I could only see the nose of the second car peaking out from behind the Porsche, but I could clearly tell I was looking at the nose of a silver Ferrari.

Well when the light turns green, the Ferrari chirps the tire and almost instantly jumps a length in front of the Porsche. I can now see that the Ferrari is clearly a 360 Modena, and the Porsche doesn't want to be embarrassed. They both scream through the intersection racing toward red line, making the most beautiful music.

I really enjoyed seeing (and even more hearing) the two cars show of strength, but the enjoyment only lasted a few seconds. I quickly realized that there were dozens of SUVs and Minivans full of kids sitting there watching what amounted to street racing between 2 grown (obviously successful) adults. I guess I am getting old, and becoming a parent has effected me in ways I never dreamed of, but at least use a little discretion if you are going to race on the street. You can’t tell me that you can’t find a more secluded place in Frisco then between the Mall and IKEA.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    You can’t tell me that you can’t find a more secluded place in Frisco then between the Mall and IKEA.

Secluded and Frisco? I am sorry I dont quite understand what you are trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Majik
    Secluded and Frisco? I am sorry I dont quite understand what you are trying to say.
    From the few unfortunate times I've been in Frisco, I think those two words are mutually exclusive.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    There are tons of places with empty avenues in Frisco...
    . . . all in gated communities?

I agree that they were stupid. Unfortunately, expensive sports cars do that to people.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Ox-E-Moron
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Frisco used to be so small, When we played them in 8th grade basketball (1999), they were in our district (9-3A) and they were smaller than us. (Whitesboro, 3500 people). We played in their cafeteria.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Um, a few things have happened in Frisco in the last few years. Those of you who are travel impaired might not have noticed. :)

C

Quote Originally Posted by ccage
    Um, a few things have happened in Frisco in the last few years. Those of you who are travel impaired might not have noticed. :)

C
    Yes, but there are still many places in Frisco that don't see much traffic (like out by your house). Frisco is not that bad for the most part... the key is avoiding 121 and Preston.

Bingo!
    So Bean... How do you get to your house avoiding 121 and Preston?

So Bean... How do you get to your house avoiding 121 and Preston?
    Coming from where?

From the south, Coit.

From the east, 380.

From the north, Hillcrest.

From the west, drive to the border of Frisco and The Colony and detour through Carrollton/Plano etc...

Always quicker than hitting 121 and Preston.... it's a zoo.

Especially on weekends.

Yes, but there are still many places in Frisco that don't see much traffic (like out by your house). Frisco is not that bad for the most part... the key is avoiding 121 and Preston.
    You just think Frisco is okay because you're from the left coast. Didn't you people invent traffic jams?

Maybe Frisco traffic is good at 4am on a Tuesday or something, but every time I've been through that city it has sucked royally.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Maybe Frisco traffic is good at 4am on a Tuesday or something, but every time I've been through that city it has sucked royally.
    This from a man who commutes how far each day?

I bet traffic's better for my commute than yours...

C

Quote Originally Posted by ccage
    This from a man who commutes how far each day?

I bet traffic's better for my commute than yours...

C
    Dunno about that. It takes me an average of 50-60 minutes to drive 45 miles every morning and afternoon. 20 of those minutes are spent covering the 10 miles from my house to 114/121 in Grapevine.

I make great time on the freeway portion of my commute. Of course, thanks to overzealous law enforcement, my average speed is actually higher when the traffic is more dense, because the threat of speed enforcement is lower. On the section of my commute that is wide open, I hold my speed to 70mph or below, thanks to the tax collectors.
    Iain

Dunno about that. It takes me an average of 50-60 minutes to drive 45 miles every morning and afternoon. 20 of those minutes are spent covering the 10 miles from my house to 114/121 in Grapevine.
    Well, here's the rub...

ccage works from home.

Well, here's the rub...

ccage works from home.
    Bastard!

Actually, I'm hoping that I'll be able to telecommute 1 or 2 days a week in the next month or so, once our IT department finishes upgrading the remote access to our network.
    Iain

Bastard!

Actually, I'm hoping that I'll be able to telecommute 1 or 2 days a week in the next month or so, once our IT department finishes upgrading the remote access to our network.
    Yeah, I commute from downstairs to upstairs. It can be rough on some mornings...

FWIW, I do have to drive sometimes to visit clients, but we try to limit it to off-rush times to keep from losing a chunk of the workday.

Living in Frisco's not too bad, really. Even without the tollway completed there are a couple of ways to get south, and it's pretty easy for me to get onto 121 (via the Parkway or through the Colony) to go to places west. Of course, when they complete the tollway through here in November it'll be even easier.

All in all, I'd say it's as nice as living in most of the other places I've experienced in the metroplex with the added advantages of a killer city planning team (and kick-ass house prices).

C