Thread: Got my new SPAL Fans installed

Default Got my new SPAL Fans installed

New fans installed and wired with the relays and wiring kit FM provided.

You'll want to keep a safe distance from me in the staging lanes, as I'm liable to suckup the car in front of me. My car sounds like a Hoover

TD
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Do you know if it cured your overheating problem yet?

Don't know yet. It's got to get HOT 95+ with the AC on to know for sure. I'm sure I'll get a change to find out, soon as this rain goes away.

TD
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Default It took over a week, but it's finaly hot enough to test.

It took over a week, but it's finaly hot enough to test. I've been running around today with A/C blasting full blast, and no hint of the car wanting to overheat. In Fact, It's been running cooler than normal. I guess the combo of the extra fans, Alum radiator, and 185 f T-stat is enough to bring the car to 185f even in the heat with the a/c on.

My only concern now is I think I may have a freon leak in my evaporator coil. I used to work HVAC, and I could swear I'm catching a whif of freon when I first start the car. The smell seems to originate from the vents. Of course I could just be imagining things? I'll know soon enough if the A/C starts short cycling. Anyone here have an electronic freon sniffer?

TD

Cool .

No, really!

Glad you got your overheating problem resolved.

Default Re: It took over a week, but it's finaly hot enough to test.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboDuane
    My only concern now is I think I may have a freon leak in my evaporator coil. I used to work HVAC, and I could swear I'm catching a whif of freon when I first start the car. The smell seems to originate from the vents. Of course I could just be imagining things? I'll know soon enough if the A/C starts short cycling. Anyone here have an electronic freon sniffer?

TD
    Do you have bubble in the sight glass constantly? I had one of those testers but I can't find the darn thing now......

I have a little bubble, so I started to add some freon (prior to the fan install) and the system started cycling more that it had been, so I stopped. This is making me think the High pressure switch is causing the cycling not the low pressure switch. I don't have an adaptor for the High Side so I don't know what my head pressure is. I'm only able to hook my gauges to the suction side. I've been concerned I might have too much freon in my system, so I don't want to do anything else without being able to check the high side.