Thread: Lotus Europa Production Pics

Default Lotus Europa Production Pics

Lotus Cars has released more information about its new Europa S - a more refined daily driver to complement its minimalist Elise and Exige models. Lotus will debut the new model at the Geneva Motor Show next week.

While still following the Lotus philosophy of achieving performance through "adding lightness" (the car only weights 2,189 lb), the Europa is much more liveable than the Exige and Elise, with more luggage space and easier access to the interior, courtesy of a higher roofline and lower chassis side rails. Inside, a full leather interior, built-in navigation/audio system, electric windows and door locks, and air conditioning add an unusual (for Lotus) level of touring-class luxury to the Europa.

The 2-liter Ecotec turbo puts out a modest 200 hp, but a broad torque band (90 percent of maximum at only 2,000 rpm) with a peak of 194 lb-ft at 4200 rpm helps hustle the lightweight car from 0-60 mph in a respectable 5.5 seconds.

Lotus forecasts production of only 500 per year, with no exports to North America planned at present. The Europa will be available in the U.K. later this year, for about $57,500. More pics after the jump.

Hmmm. This, a Cayman, or a Z06 (with GMS pricing). There's a dilemma I wish I had! I think they'll sell a bazillion of these things, given that it could truly serve as a daily driver (unlike the Elise).

S.

The Europa I actually like... The style is subtle but does take cues from the Elise and Exige from what it seems, sort of a "duh" when it was designed as a daily driver version of the Elise and Exige. It's hard for me to say the following statement about most of the Lotus cars out there, but... I would sell my soul to some unholy, despotic god that torments human beings for that car.

It's a terrible shame that it won't be hitting America just yet... For now, it's a Porsche Cayman for the win.
    November 12, 2005 - A new beginning
    Devil: 1999 Brilliant Black NB - Base Edition - Stock Spec

AIM ID: ZeroXR13mg
    http://zeroxr.com

Meh... looks kinda bland. It's like an Elise with all the sexy curves smoothed over.

For 60 large I'd definitely take a Cayman over that. Actually, I'd probably take a nice used 993 or 996 Carrera, an Evo for wet days, and a vacation, but that's a different story.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw