Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lugnutjon accident update

Default Lugnutjon accident update

Got a voicemail from Jon this afternoon - State Farm has decided to total the car. No real suprise, but it's still a disappointment, especially since Jon had mailed a payment the morning of the accident, and had recently decided that he was going to keep the car for another couple of years. C'est la vie.

On the plus side, he did go to see the doctor about his knees - no broken bones, no inflammation, no cartilage damage. Seems he just bruised them, and he reports that he's doing fine now.

On a side note - anyone know of any clean, lower mileage, early ('00-'03), stock S2000s for sale locally? Jon wants to do a little replacement car shopping this weekend.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Glad to hear he is ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    On a side note - anyone know of any clean, lower mileage, early ('00-'03), stock S2000s for sale locally? Jon wants to do a little replacement car shopping this weekend.
    Maybe ask Sammm about this one.
    No more Miata

Glad to hear he's okay; sorry to hear about them totalling the car. Then again, it's never quite the same once you've repaired a car from a serious wreck, so maybe it's for the best.

S.

Talking

What is that sharp rental he is cruising around in!

Saw him running around in it last weekend when we went to Milwaukee Joe's, he should keep that!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

That's great news! Give him my best when you talk to him.

PS
    <homer simpson>
    mmmmmmmmmm....StooK.........
    </homer>

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    <homer simpson>
    mmmmmmmmmm....StooK.........
    </homer>
    Sammm, I told you already... stop droolling on my car!

You might also want to contact Scott P (rioyellows2k on the s2ki.com boards). He sold me my new one and seems to have a pretty good pulse on most of the used ones (at least the CPO ones) in this area.
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    What is that sharp rental he is cruising around in!
    Was it a white Asstek? If so, that's the Afterthoughts Auto company van!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Was it a white Asstek? If so, that's the Afterthoughts Auto company van!
    Nah it had a G-Stock look, think it was a Malibu or maybe an Impala!

Are you sitting down for this part? State Farm cut him a check for $13,000 for his 120k mile 10AE.

Almost makes me wish some drunk would smack mine.

He's apparently already found a yellow '02 S2k near OKC that he's thinking about driving up to look at on Saturday.
    Iain

Has he checked to see what the buy back would be???????
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv
    I don't think you'd want it, Merv. There's little of any value that would be salvageable up to the firewall, and what is salvageable aft of that has 120k miles of use on it. The frame is twisted like a pretzel, the hard top is trashed, two of the four wheels are bent, etc.

Still, if you're interested, drop him a line at leadfootjon "at" yahoo "dot" com.
    Iain

Are you sitting down for this part? State Farm cut him a check for $13,000 for his 120k mile 10AE.
    Good for him! So many time you hear the bad stories where the insurance company offers pennies on a dollar for your car, good to see he didn't get hosed!

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv
    mmm... CSP motor build...

Good to hear Jon is doing well and they gave him a fair market value for the car.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

S2K. . .nice. Glad to hear he's fine. Is he pursuing the genious that hit him in court?
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13
    S2K. . .nice. Glad to hear he's fine. Is he pursuing the genious that hit him in court?
    No. The insurance company is stepping up and taking care of him. Thankfully, both he and the peabrain who hit him have State Farm. From my experience it's typically easier when you only have one company to deal with.
    Iain

The insurance company is stepping up and taking care of him.
    Sounds like it, can't wait to see him in an S2K.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Thankfully, both he and the peabrain who hit him have State Farm. From my experience it's typically easier when you only have one company to deal with.
    I am still amazed State Farm is giving that much for the car. A few years back when my wife had her Hyundai, she was hit from behind (car totaled) by a lady talking on her cell phone who had SF. The insurance offered her $2,000 less than the value of the car. Yes I know it was a pos Hyundai, but they tryed to shaft her by saying the car had some dents before it was totaled. Not the fact that the rear of the car was smashed up to the rear glass because of their careless driver. Needless to say, a lawer was involved in the end and everything worked out in my wife's favor.
    No more Miata

Glad to hear he checked out OK!
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast