Thread: March member days at the Ranch

Default March member days at the Ranch

FINALLY, we get to run the 3.1 and 1.3.......... I think it would be great if we all plan on a date to go play together. Here is the schedule:

Mar 10-12 - 3.1
    Mar 17-18 - 1.3
    Mar 19 - 3.1
    Mar 31 - 3.1
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv
    FINALLY, we get to run the 3.1 and 1.3..........
    I am not familiar with that nomemclature. I assume it differentiates the two tracks. I'll check the schedule.
    Thanks MAD.

Quote Originally Posted by joe.MIATA
    I am not familiar with that nomemclature. I assume it differentiates the two tracks. I'll check the schedule.
    Thanks MAD.
    I believe 1.3 refers to the new track, and 3.1 refers to the use of both tracks as one big track.

Ya,

I am trying to clear my schedule for some play time. It getting harder and harder to sneak out to the ranch since my new paint scheme is attracting johnny law's attention and the Miata is not completely street legal in Race trim.
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

What kinda $$ are we talking about to go out and run? I'm off on Fridays and Saturdays for the month of March so I'd be interested if its not to expensive.
    I'm not speeding officer, I'm qualifying!!!

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M
    05 GSXR 600 (To buy my house)

I have plans for weekends. but I am willing to ditch work for one of the week dates.
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami

I might ditch band practice for a track day if it's a reasonable price
    99 Miata Black

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blaze
    I might ditch band practice for a track day if it's a reasonable price
    Youd miss this?

I'd love to get out to the Ranch in March! I've never been there, so if the price is right you can expect to see me

And now that I think about can't members bring guests along, so if we aren't members it should be ok right?

Sorry guys, you misunderstood..... This message was meant for members of MSR. If you want to go, you will have to hook up with one of the MSR members. We are only allowed one guest per month, so space is limited.

I wish we had a list of MME posters who are members of MSR, so ya'll would know who to suck up to :) Typically, cost would be about $25 per session, depending how well you are at "sweet talking".

Perhaps we can add a list here......somewhere. Any ideas?
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)

Good idea, Merv. However since next weekend is the first time members get a chance to run the 3.1, I expect a very busy day at the Ranch if the weather is anywhere close to reasonable. It might be better to wait until April or May to try to organize a huge "Miata members and guests" day out there.

Also, having a bunch of MSR novices running the 3.1 might not be the greatest idea since not even we members have any experience running it...

Speed

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv
    Sorry guys, you misunderstood..... This message was meant for members of MSR. If you want to go, you will have to hook up with one of the MSR members. We are only allowed one guest per month, so space is limited.

I wish we had a list of MME posters who are members of MSR, so ya'll would know who to suck up to :) Typically, cost would be about $25 per session, depending how well you are at "sweet talking".

Perhaps we can add a list here......somewhere. Any ideas?
    http://forums.dfwmiata.com/showthread.php?t=5437

Quote Originally Posted by miataspeedracer
    Good idea, Merv. However since next weekend is the first time members get a chance to run the 3.1, I expect a very busy day at the Ranch if the weather is anywhere close to reasonable. It might be better to wait until April or May to try to organize a huge "Miata members and guests" day out there.

Also, having a bunch of MSR novices running the 3.1 might not be the greatest idea since not even we members have any experience running it...

Speed
    You can wait if you want to, but I'm going.......Saturday, March 11
    Some of us have a bit of experience on the 1.3, so the 3.1 only adds the connections. Besides, it doesn't matter if it's crowded, there are lots of new passing zones :)

Thank you!