Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ER Challenge Cup #2 - March 12, 2006

I hate that I missed it, I will have to catch the next one.
    99 Miata Black

It was quite a zippy course if we lived in Florida I'm sure there would have been a line at the trailer for protests.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    It was quite a zippy course if we lived in Florida I'm sure there would have been a line at the trailer for protests.
    LOL, I was going to make a joke about that but I wasn't sure if the TX folk would get it.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by ratt_finkel
    It was an awesome event. The course was something you'd find at a BMW of Porshche event. I hit the rev-limiter in 3rd at right around 70 and was in 3rd most of the course. Good times though, there were a ton of high powered cars in the top 15 in pax, defintely a vette course.
    The course was fun, but it was definitely not what I'd expect to find at an ER event. Heck, it was even wider open and with higher speeds than a typical S2k event. I would have liked something a little more technically challenging, something that required a little more talent and a little less horsepower to PAX well on. When you've got your right foot buried in the firewall through all four "slaloms" without having to lift (and three of the four in 3rd gear), it's just not that challenging.

While ratt_finkel and the C Stock cars were hitting 70-75mph on the back straight, at least one STU STi was shifting into fourth down the back straight - Paul M. guessed he was seeing low 90s. Where's the parity in that?

Oh well. There's always the next one.

ratt_finkel, where did you and Gerry finish in the PAX? I'd be curious how some other talented, low-powered car drivers finished.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Talking

So how did you do yesterday Altiain?

I finished third. Congratulations, POS.

BTW, before anyone misconstrues my comments above, I am not implying that those who PAXed well on Sunday had no talent. Far from it. But I'd prefer a course where horsepower provides little if any benefit in PAX competition. I don't think anyone could argue that case for Sunday's course.
    Last edited by altiain; 03-14-2006 at 06:23 AM.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I had fun, I won FSP in a stock focus! I was flat for most of the course, more than usual, with a completly stock car, with really hard tires. (Ok so I was the only FSP car). Iain, if I remember right Jeremy was 20th in pax, and Gerry was 23rd. I can definately see your point about the course being a horsepower course. There are several low-power cars way down in the pax, you guys didn't even have a chance at any $$. While I'm at it, how about we ban mod cars? I pushed an F-mod off the track 3 times, one of them twice. Quote of the day, "It's just coolant, not oil leaking." Eddy Hernandez. I don't know about you, I don't want to drive through oil or coolant. LugnutJon was pretty hacked about starting in a puddle of coolant.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

I'll tell you what was impressive Mark52 and his "revised" CSP Miata. He was flat out flying on Sunday!

I'll tell you what was impressive Mark52 and his "revised" CSP Miata. He was flat out flying on Sunday!
    Not good news for me.

BTW, I can't wait to see that car!
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13
    I had fun, I won FSP in a stock focus! I was flat for most of the course, more than usual, with a completly stock car, with really hard tires. (Ok so I was the only FSP car). Iain, if I remember right Jeremy was 20th in pax, and Gerry was 23rd. I can definately see your point about the course being a horsepower course. There are several low-power cars way down in the pax, you guys didn't even have a chance at any $$. While I'm at it, how about we ban mod cars? I pushed an F-mod off the track 3 times, one of them twice. Quote of the day, "It's just coolant, not oil leaking." Eddy Hernandez. I don't know about you, I don't want to drive through oil or coolant. LugnutJon was pretty hacked about starting in a puddle of coolant.
    Oh come on Daniel, I did make $10

Ian, I nailed 15th, Gerry was back in 23rd. Though, if he could've posted his normal runs for the day I think he would've been much higher.

I had a blast running through the last slalom in 3rd gear

Holy crap, I just realized we had 163 people with times. Why again did we not run a normal event?
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

Thanks POS Racing, now I have to learn how NOT to use the brake pedal like you C Stock Miata drivers! Actually, what made me faster than before is a) new tires and 2) smaller rear sway bar.
    I never felt out of control like I usually do at MW.
    What's left of a '96 Miata with stock clutch.
    My car exceeds my driving ability. That's the only possible explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark52
    Thanks POS Racing, now I have to learn how NOT to use the brake pedal like you C Stock Miata drivers! Actually, what made me faster than before is a) new tires and 2) smaller rear sway bar.
    I was actually running no rear bar at MW on Sat (per TC's instructions). Lots of fast sweepers and the car felt good. What are your spring rates?
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by Mark52
    You are taking about the car aren't ya??

Quote Originally Posted by ratt_finkel
    Oh come on Daniel, I did make $10
    My bad, I have a pretty bad memory Good job making some $$ on that big car course.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto
    I was actually running no rear bar at MW on Sat (per TC's instructions). Lots of fast sweepers and the car felt good. What are your spring rates?
    Spring rates are 550/300 (or 325-don't remember). I've always been too lazy to change out the rear bar, even though I knew I should. At pennington I'll use the 5/8" bar, as I've had good results with that one on the grippy concrete. My small bar is the 12mm stock bar that came on the car.

You are taking about the car aren't ya??
    Yes, and no.....

Dennis took some great pictures!

Linky!

This looks like trouble!

Who is that handsome young chap in that awsome (for sale) car?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I like this one.

Iain

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast