Thread: Private party for MME?

Default Private party for MME?

We just played a B-day party on a 100 acre working ranch just N. of Frisco this past Saturday and the owner of the property loved the band.

This got me to thinking about having a MME party out there with the band playing, maybe some BBQ, and whatever.

Would you guys be interested in something like this?

The band would play for free the rest would need to be worked out among us.
    99 Miata Black

You're asking a bunch of cheap bastards to pay to get together? Good Luck. As for me, seems WAC. Like something LSMC would do. Just not my thang.

I'd be more inclined to see a band in a place that has no cover charge or get together at an inexpensive restaurant or tech day.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Maybe your misunderstanding what I mean.

I mean the band will play FREE, there is no cover charge, it's just an idea to get together and enjoy some live music and hang out.
    It would be outdoors.

Anything else is bring your own (food / beverages) etc.

Just thought I would throw it out there, my way of trying to contribute.
    99 Miata Black

It's always tough finding an audience for a band, but I don't think these guys are going to be the group that'll fill the role.

C

Well we have a large fanbase so I am not looking to pick up an audience, and we normaly charge a grand a night to play for anyone else.
    I just thought that everyone likes music and it might be a fun day to get together and hang out away from a racing event.

nevermind.
    99 Miata Black

Could be fun. I'd like a chance to meet some of you. For me It would have to be connected with a good drive! (April 1st Zoom Zoom?)

BR, I agree with your dislike of cheesy/whiney, I mean wine and cheese events, but I don't think that is what we are talking about. I'd like to kick off the summer doing something the MME way. Miatas, BBQ, music, that combo works for me. Who knows, el\/is may show up!
    My old 99' My new 99'
    Remember folks, street lights timed for 35 mph are also timed for 70 mph. ~Jim Samuels

Quote Originally Posted by SilverToy
    Could be fun. I'd like a chance to meet some of you. For me It would have to be connected with a good drive! (April 1st Zoom Zoom?)

BR, I agree with your dislike of cheesy/whiney, I mean wine and cheese events, but I don't think that is what we are talking about. I'd like to kick off the summer doing something the MME way. Miatas, BBQ, music, that combo works for me. Who knows, el\/is may show up!
    Yah Sure! I misunderstood our flourescent-wheeled friend. Free music and BBQ does sound good! Wait... what jkind of music? I'm not much into Polka.
    ...and across the line.

We are primarily a cover band (meaning we play renditions of other artists music, but I do have some originals too.

We play a variety of music, mostly rock/alternative rock
    here is a partial playlist....

Are you gonna be my girl........Jet
    Beer drinkers and Hell raisers.......ZZ top
    Blood and Roses......The smithereens
    Cold hard bitch.......Jet
    Girl like you.......Smithereens
    Interstate love song.........STP
    Hey jealousy......Gin Blossoms
    When I'm gone......3 doors down
    Bad Day..........Fuel
    Champagne & Reefer......Ian Moore
    Cumbersome........7 Mary three
    Every Rose has it's thorn.......Poison
    Gel.......Collective Soul
    Good.......Better than Ezra
    Hard to handle.......Black Crows
    If you could only see.......Tonic
    New Orleans is sinkin.......Tragically Hip
    Remedy........Seether
    Shimmer.......Fuel
    Aint talkin bout Love.....Vam Halen
    White Wedding.......Billy Idol
    Rebel Yell.......Billy Idol
    Snortin whiskey.........Pat Travers
    Stray cat strut.......Stray Cats
    When I'm gone......No Address
    The middle......Jimmy eat world
    Torn..........Creed
    Superstition.......Stevie Wonder
    Texas flood........SRV
    Cold Shot.........SRV

This is a partial list of what we play to give ya'll an idea of the type of music to expect.
    99 Miata Black

I'm becoming interested. Obviously some larger logistical issues if we want to eat, but I'm sure we can figure something... We may want to consult the s2k club calendar, choose a non-conflicting date, and see if they'd like to come play, eat, etc.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

I'd prefer a weekend in late April or May since my little girl will have arrived by then. Any sooner and I can't make any promises.
    ...and across the line.

I am going to talk to the guys this weekend and see if I can't set this up.
    I will take a look at the local autocross calendar and try to make it on a Sat with nothing going on.
    99 Miata Black

If it'll be a while till this happens I could take off work to make it, my car will be finished by then. I lke the style of music and if there is food to go with it.... I'll be on my way
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

I'd be interested in the music more so than the food. I like live music.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Id be interested as well, I love live music & im diggin the playlist. Plus who could pass up BBQ.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

cool, I will let you guys know what I find out this weekend.
    Sounds like it could be a lot of fun.
    99 Miata Black

I'd be up for it... I can even bring ample amounts of venison brauts and smoked German venison sausages to grill...

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Sounds good RJ.

I spoke with the band and this looks doable, looks like we wont be able to do it however til around mid to late summer.....unless someone else has the place to host the event.
    It seems the Ranch will not be available til that time frame.
    I will keep ya'll posted.
    99 Miata Black

Update...looks like this will take place the end of June or July.
    Also this will be an evening event since the band does not want to pass out....lol
    99 Miata Black

I kid, I kid. I vote for end of July since I'll be out of town at the end of June.