Thread: Hello

Default Hello

Hello everyone. Names John. I have a red '94 with about 140k miles. I've only had it for about 4 months so its stock except for a header, alarm, and stereo.

I live in Arlington and I'm an engineer. I've been involved in racing since I was about 14 (23 now). I've done everything from building motors for the family drag car to being a professional Race Engineer for a Speed World Challenge Touring Car team. I've been autocrossing for about 5 years but haven't been very active since I moved to dallas. I was really serious into ProSolo for a year and ended up 8th in the STS points championship (in my celica).

I'm very active on dallasimports.net but thought I'd get to know some people on here. It seem like there are a lot more people from the arlington area here. Most everybody on DI is from way up north. Its a drag having to drive an hour to meet up with everybody.

Anyway, thats the short story. Hi!

Welcom Evil. You should come out and race with us this next weekend, get that new Miata broke in the right way.

http://forums.dfwmiata.com/viewtopic.php?t=567

I hope to see you around soon, as we all like to AutoX from time to time.
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Welcome John! There are quite a few of us on the forum in Arlington and Tarrant County in general. There is also a good size group who live just south of Oklahoma! :P Hope to see you at an autocross event soon!

Welcome to the board, John!

By all means, come on out and join us at an event sometime. It's always good to have another gearhead join us!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Cool website John! Welcome to the madness!

Cool website John! Welcome to the madness!
    Thanks everybody! I don't know when I'll get a chance to autox but hopefully soon. I don't have a second set of wheels or race tires for the miata yet, so I'll probably be suckin it up on my kumho 712s. The header will also screw me out of stock. Oh well, all for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilSpeeder
    Thanks everybody! I don't know when I'll get a chance to autox but hopefully soon. I don't have a second set of wheels or race tires for the miata yet, so I'll probably be suckin it up on my kumho 712s. The header will also screw me out of stock. Oh well, all for fun.
    Well, there are plenty of clubs around here that you can autocross with that don't rely on the SCCA's byzantine classing rules.

The S2000 autocross coming up this weekend is a perfect example. Eight timed runs for each person, a maximum of 50 entrants (so that we can guarantee 8 runs each and not be there until dark), and two Miata-specific classes: Miata, and Miata R. One is for cars with race tires, the other for cars without. All mods are allowed. The only other rule is have fun.

More information on the S2000 events can be found here.

Iain
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw