Thread: another new guy

Chassis Designer

Default another new guy

i'm 22 years old (no grandkids yet) and i live in temple now (about 2 hours south of y'all) but i come back up to the dfw area quite a bit. i lived up in arlington for the last couple years, but recently moved back to temple to help my dad out a bit. i have a green 99 that's mostly stock except for an intake and a muffler (both from racing beat) and 17 inch enkei wheels. i've only got one pic that i can find due to a recent computer crash but i'll get more some other time. i've had this miata for a little over 3 years now, and i've put over 85,000 miles on it in my 3 years of ownership. the 99 is my second miata, formerly i had a 96 model, but being young and stupid (and convinced of my own immortality) i rolled it two and a half times. i'll have to show you a picture of that one too. pretty gruesome. anyway, older wiser and with greater appreciation of my life i enjoy my car. i've never autocrossed but maybe with a few friends to laugh at me i might enjoy it a bit more. my g/f is also a gearhead, but she's got a dakota r/t. it's pretty quick in a straight line. we'd love to come meet you guys sometime.
    See profile for more details: 14.56 @ 94.89 on 50 shot. 2.18- 60', 9.40 @ 75.52- 1/8.

Welcome! You and your g/f should definitely come try autocrossing with us. With your modifications, you'd be in CSP (or NCSP if you'd want to run in Novice Class, which I'd recommend, or TCSP if you ran in Tire Class), and your girlfriend would be in LCSP (Ladies CSP). She'd be pretty much guarenteed a trophy in LCSP, since as far as I know, there aren't any ladies in CSP. :)

Come on up and join the fun!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Welcome to the forum bio243! Hope you and/or your gf can make an event soon. There are usually quite a few of us at any given autocross! We tend to travel in herds (16 Miatae last weekend), so come on out and introduce yourself!

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

ditto what Kestrel said. Ignore Sammm :P We do.

You will not be picked on immediately, so come meet us anytime.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Chassis Designer

here's a link to a pic...not a really good one, but a pic nonetheless

http://www.geocities.com/bio243/

i built that in about 30 seconds for the sole purpose of putting that pic up...enjoy
    See profile for more details: 14.56 @ 94.89 on 50 shot. 2.18- 60', 9.40 @ 75.52- 1/8.

Welcome to the forum!

So did the '96 have a rollbar? Does the '99?

By all means come on out and join us at an autocross when you get a chance. All of the local events are listed in the Autocross Event section of the forum, and there are usually at least 8-10 of us at any given one. Strength in numbers, right?

You've got a nice looking car there, even if 17" wheels aren't quite my thing. BTW, I'm sure you already know that green '99s are the fastest ones...

Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Welcome bio243 and don't let them kid you! They will pick on you, but don't let that keep you away.

Chassis Designer

no the 96 didn't have a roll bar...and no, unfortunatly (you'd think i would have learned) the 99 doesn't either...whenever i get to meet you guys i'll bring a pic of my 96 after the wreck...the windshield was flat with the hood on the driver's side..pretty ugly

Nice wheels

I have 18" Enkei's with rubber band tires on my 2003.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!