Thread: Saw my 1st Sky...

Default Saw my 1st Sky...

Well, 1st one outside of an autoshow..

Dealer in Houston has a silver/black leather SKy sitting in the front of their showroom Saturday...

Now, I gotta say, I liked the car when I saw it at teh autoshow, but up close, sitting in it, poking around it etc I was even more impressed.

I didn't test drive it, b/c I wasn't willing to sign up to pay sticker (~29k once the dealer added their etch etc)

but yeah.. once teh redline comes out here in a bit, I coudl seriously be convinced tro trade... Now, if only it had a trunk....
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??

It's definitely a good looking car, probably the best of the MX-5/Solstice/Sky trio.

The thing about a trunk is: you never know now much you need one until it's gone. It might work OK if you never have a passenger, but the moment you put two people in that car it becomes worthless as a daily driver.

S.

Plus it's a Saturn!

S.

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel
    Plus it's a Saturn!

S.
    what is the tranny gonna go out soon??

And the alternator... Had a co-worker that put in alternators in his Saturn like clockwork ever 8 months. Car was paid for so he put up with it.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

At least they got rid of the plastic body panels.

...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster
    At least they got rid of the plastic body panels.
    Yeah... I had to go double check on that one. Looks like the Ion and Vue still feature "Dent/Corrosion-resistant bodyside panels" but it is not mentioned in the specs of the Sky or Replay.

On a side note, it looks like I can get a Sky in Sunburst Yellow w/black leather and LSD for $24,830. No factory installed suspension kit, but the Build Your Own tool includes a Retailer installed Accessories tab with a Performance Suspension Kit for $1577 and a Cold Air Intake for $495.

Interesting that they choose to call their yellow "Sunburst". Amusingly, they are charging a $195 additional charge for yellow, just like Mazda did.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I also see that the Monsoon stereo comes with a subwoofer. WHERE??

I must admit, a Sky Redline (260hp) in Sunburst Yellow with black leather would be mighty appealing. Tack on that GM employee discount and

S.

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel
    I also see that the Monsoon stereo comes with a subwoofer. WHERE??
    Avoid the Monsoon audio system... what a waste of time that thing is!