Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie

Default Newbie

Hi everyone. My name is Christin and I am working on purchasing my second Miata. The first was a red 92 with some basic bolts ons (Greddy exhaust, intake, rollbar and strut brace).

My second is almost mine. We have made an offer and it has been agreed upon, we are working on the paperwork and a way to get the car home from Denver.

I'm a teacher for Denton ISD; I enjoy drag racing, autocrossing and shopping. My husband owns ATS Racing in Denton, TX.

Looking forward to meeting some of you,

Christin
    99 Miata FM turbo kit 202rwhp
    93 MR2 Turbo 291 rwhp
    04 Jeep Grand Cherokee 180 rwhp

http://www.atsracing.net

1200hp Dynojet 248c

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Welcome to the forum Christin! The new Miata looks very nice...congrats! Hope to see/meet you at an autocross event soon! (sounds like you have a good excuse for a roadtrip home from Denver!)

Welcome to the board. ...Ya know if you're going to Denver to get it, you won't be far from Grand Junction, where my buddies can help you get your car ready for the track http://www.flyinmiata.com . Of course you husband probably has that all taken care of, but you could still schedule a visit by there. Their open house is coming up next month.

I'm always glad to see, and here of wives and other women involved in motorsports. It gets so boring hanging around nothing but guys . I wish my wife was interested, but she's NOT! Therefore, I don't push, as the last thing I want at an event, is a spose that isn't having any fun.

Duane
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboDuane
    Therefore, I don't push, as the last thing I want at an event, is a spouse that isn't having any fun, and is hot, tired, sunburned, hungry, and dehyrated...

Duane

There fixed the quote for you buddy!!

Welcome to the board, Christin. The car you're trying to buy is a good one - the current owner used to live here in Dallas/Fort Worth, and I had an opportunity to drive it once. Lots of fun, and he was asking a very reasonable price considering the work he's put into it.

When you go to pick it up, tell 'ol Sputnik (the name he used to go by on the miata.net forum) that Iain sends his regards. :)

Iain
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Hi Christin! Tell Aaron hi for me. :)

Welcome to the forum Christin. Congrats on the new car.

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    When you go to pick it up, tell 'ol Sputnik (the name he used to go by on the miata.net forum) that Iain sends his regards. :)

Iain
    Oh wow, I didnt realize that was his car. Yeah thats a good one, a rolling FM catalog. Congrats.

My husband, Aaron is more familiar with Jon's car than I am. All of the FM parts were installed by Aaron's shop (ATS Racing). Aaron also knows Bill and Terry Cardell at FM, in fact he bought his Dynojet from Bill last summer. Anyone coming to the dynoday at ATS this weekend? We won't have our Miata by then but would still like to meet you.

Christin
    93 MR2 Turbo 291 rwhp

1200hp Dynojet 248c

Quote Originally Posted by ATSChristin
    Anyone coming to the dynoday at ATS this weekend? We won't have our Miata by then but would still like to meet you.

Christin
    Unfortunately Christin, most of us will be out playing with the S2000s in Mineral Wells on Saturday. Perhaps next time!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

That's a bummer. Would you guys like to set up a Miata only dyno day some weekend? They are always lots of fun. We grill hot dogs and hang out and chat. Aaron likes to show off his 490 rwhp MR2.

Christin
    93 MR2 Turbo 291 rwhp

1200hp Dynojet 248c

I'm also going to be out playing with the S2000s in Mineral Wells on Saturday.

I would be greatly interested in a dyno day!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by ATSChristin
    Would you guys like to set up a Miata only dyno day some weekend?
    I'll be out in Mineral Wells on Saturday as well. Will the dyno even register my blistering 116 ponies? I think it would be very cool to have a Miata dyno day!

I so wanna dyno the Scirocco now.....somebody has to set the bar for lowest output of a 1.8. Welcome to the madness Christin.
    2013 Mazda2 slushbox daily
    1993 Miata (future exocet donor)

Since we all agree that July & August are too hot to do most things... How does August 7th sound for some Miata dyno pulls and grilled dogs?

It looks like an autocross-free weekend and should allow some time to spread the word...

Chassis Designer

i'm down with that...august 7th works for me as far as i know. i need to bring my g/f's truck up there with me, i'm curious to know how much it's putting down. all i know is that she's way faster than me in the quarter (or eighth for that matter).
    See profile for more details: 14.56 @ 94.89 on 50 shot. 2.18- 60', 9.40 @ 75.52- 1/8.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Hey Christin - I too am interested in a dyno'n'dogs event. I will be attending Evolution School at your airport this weekend, but the 8/7 day looks good on my calendar.

Thanks for the invite. Keep us posted.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Dogs and a Dyno , byob? , I'm in, I'd love to get some numbers on mine.

Aug 7th's good for me.

Duane
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

August 7th is great. Is there a calendar on the forum that we need to put this on? Please help spread the word to any miata owners you know. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Christin
    93 MR2 Turbo 291 rwhp

1200hp Dynojet 248c

If you want go ahead on and post the details of the Dyno Day in the Events and Drives Sections. Then we can have Tailchaser add the event to the calander!

If you need any help don't hesitate to ask!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast