Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LINK ECU Installation and Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    Sweet! Did it help the brakes much?
    With the exception of being too small, the brakes are fine. I am going to live with them till next winter and then upgrade to used 1.8 brakes. I have a line on an 11 inch set including front calipers, rear brackets, 4 rotors and pads from a MSM for $250, but alas, I am tapped out from the LINK purchase.

congrats on a successful install, now go Your gonna like the Link.
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Well it's been about a month what do ya think of the Link??

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Well it's been about a month what do ya think of the Link??

If you need help documenting your link settings and saving off a datafile, let me know.

Once you get it rocking and rolling, save everyting off with a nice datalog for future comparison.
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

Quote Originally Posted by Screamin'Screw
    If you need help documenting your link settings and saving off a datafile, let me know.

Once you get it rocking and rolling, save everything off with a nice datalog for future comparison.
    Yeah... I was doing some pretty regular datalogging, modifying of settings via DLL, and sending to FM for review during the 30 day free trial of DLL, but that ran out a week ago. I was going to buy it, but there is a comment about the license being non-transferable from computer to computer. I was planning on getting a cheap laptop off of ebay to use as a dedicated tuning laptop at some point, so I don't want to get stuck buying software twice.

Not that I would ever do this but you can uninstall the free trial. Set your clock to the year 2009. Install the software. Set your date back. Until you get your final computer.
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    Yeah... I was doing some pretty regular datalogging, modifying of settings via DLL, and sending to FM for review during the 30 day free trial of DLL, but that ran out a week ago. I was going to buy it, but there is a comment about the license being non-transferable from computer to computer. I was planning on getting a cheap laptop off of ebay to use as a dedicated tuning laptop at some point, so I don't want to get stuck buying software twice.
    Umm who said that? I have it installed on four computers. You just install it, send them the installation code and they send you the key.
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami

Quote Originally Posted by Flyin96M
    Umm who said that? I have it installed on four computers. You just install it, send them the installation code and they send you the key.

I had read this:
    If you have DLL installed on two computers (ie, a desktop and a laptop), then please enter the Unique ID for each. Licenses are not transferable.
    It is from here. I had taken it as meaning that you could get codes for your laptop and PC at the point of purchase, but could not transfer the license to another PC after the point of purchase. Are you saying that while you can't transfer the license on your own, they will give you a new license code later to allow you to do this if you ask? I had planned on sending an email to Jeremy to see if that is possible but I hadn't gotten around to it.

No they are just saying that you can not sell your license to another person. Again I have never had any trouble getting new key codes for new computers.
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami

Quote Originally Posted by Flyin96M
    No they are just saying that you can not sell your license to another person. Again I have never had any trouble getting new key codes for new computers.
    Cool.... Thanks!

That's interesting, because I read it the same way as Titus, thus, I've not even attempted to load it on my desktop PC.

BTW, I tried doing the install and changing the clock. It works, but some things get a little squirly, and oneday my computer locked up while in DLL, upon reboot, I was notified that my trial was over So I bought it and am so happy I did.
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    I had read this:

It is from here. I had taken it as meaning that you could get codes for your laptop and PC at the point of purchase, but could not transfer the license to another PC after the point of purchase. Are you saying that while you can't transfer the license on your own, they will give you a new license code later to allow you to do this if you ask? I had planned on sending an email to Jeremy to see if that is possible but I hadn't gotten around to it.
    another reason why I will never send them a dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg
    another reason why I will never send them a dollar.
    And what are you other reasons? FM is a good company.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie
    And what are you other reasons? FM is a good company.
    +1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12