Thread: Realtor recommendations?

Default Realtor recommendations?

Well, it’s official: my wife accepted a position this past weekend with Armstrong Elementary in Sachse, about a mile & a half north of the plant I work at. She starts this fall, so we’ve got to get our house on the market and find/build a replacement relatively quickly. We’d like to move by early August. The epicenter of our home search is where 78 crosses the PGBT (Firewheel Town Center), and we’d like to stay within about 10 miles of that location (the closer the better).

Does anyone have a recommendation on realtors in the area? It’s been six years since we bought this house, and we weren’t too thrilled with our realtor, so we’d like some suggestions if anyone has them. Also, we’d like to use the same realtor for selling and buying if we can, so if they’re also willing to work the Mid-Cities area that would be a big plus.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Call Ryan Cave with Keller Williams 214-789-9366. This guy is awsome. He helped us find the house we live in now. He works fast and most important he is honest. Let him know I refered him to you.
    No more Miata

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Well, it’s official: my wife accepted a position this past weekend with Armstrong Elementary in Sachse, about a mile & a half north of the plant I work at. She starts this fall, so we’ve got to get our house on the market and find/build a replacement relatively quickly. We’d like to move by early August. The epicenter of our home search is where 78 crosses the PGBT (Firewheel Town Center), and we’d like to stay within about 10 miles of that location (the closer the better).
    Welcome to Dallas County, Sparky! Maybe we'll see more of each other now.

S.

Don't forget everything is negotiable!

Do Team Cheap Bastard Proud!

I highly recommend Robert Brown with Ebby. When we flew out here house hunting, he showed us about 30 houses in 2 days based on info we provided via several emails. When we closed on the house, we found that the previous owner had left the garage FULL of trash. He sent his son over with a pick-up and took 2 loads of trash to the dumps for us... again, this was AFTER the close. He also found my in-laws there place in Lavon, and he helped some friends buy a place in Frisco. He is located in Carrolton, so he would be in between where you are and where you are going. He even drove a CRV last time I saw him.

If you end up going with him, mention my name!

Erle Rawlins. 214-893-0890 or Erle3[at]aol[dot]com. Works only as a buyer's agent, so no conflict of interest/"dual agency" crap. A true consumer advocate and a helluva nice guy. Was once named in D magazine "The King of Dallas Real Estate." We used him and still consider him a friend. He'll charge you by the hour until it would be cheaper to charge the 3% commission. Tell him I sent you.

S.
    Last edited by srivendel; 04-24-2006 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Hmmm...what's your cut of the action?
    ZILCH.

S.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Hmmm...what's your cut of the action?
    Nothing... although after the second referral, he sent me a gift card for Smith & Wollensky.