Thread: Finally!

Talking Finally!

So after over a decade of wanting one, nearly pulling the trigger a couple of times, spending countless hours surfing Miata.net, cars.com, autotrader, etc..

I finally bought a Miata. Best. Idea. Ever.

Last week I picked up a '96 M-edition in Austin, from a member of TejasMiata. He actually traded it in on a new RX-8, and I bought it from the dealer.

It's in fabulous shape - about 78000 miles, recent TB and Water Pump, new ES100s, regularly serviced by Austin Miata guru. It has a working oil pressure gauge, an NB windblocker, and the folding front license plate bracket in the bottom of the mouth. A great find!

Hope to see you all around. I'll definitely by up for an autocross sometime this summer.

Craig

Welcome to the madness. An autocross is definately the best place to meet some of these guys. (And if you guys want to say anything about me, or my lack of a miata, or my miata search in this thread, don't.)
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Welcome aboard and congrats on the car! Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13
    (And if you guys want to say anything about me, or my lack of a miata, or my miata search in this thread, don't.)

Aww... come on... we're just doing it out of love and trying to help motivate you to buy the car that (most people) on this board own and love... yeah... that's it... it's done out of love...
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Sounds like a sweet car! Congratulations!

Welcome to the Madness!

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Welcome and congrats on taking the plunge
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by Dave04

Aww... come on... we're just doing it out of love and trying to help motivate you to buy the car that (most people) on this board own and love... yeah... that's it... it's done out of love...
    This coming from the guy who traded his for an S2k.

Welcome Craig, enjoy the car and the Tejas club, they have some fun down there. I miss Austin sometimes.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Welcome to the madness! Hope to see you soon at autocross.
    94 Miata R package RPF1 195 RS-R RB FSB FCM Bilstein Ebay Coilover 550/350
    91 Civic Si Daily Beater

"Its more fun to drive a slow car fast, than it is to drive a fast car slowly".

Congrats? Where are your stompin' grounds? We have folks all over the place in the metromess. Got pictures?
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by CraiginTX
    ...folding front license plate bracket...
    This sounds quite interesting. How does it work?

Quote Originally Posted by Darron65
    This sounds quite interesting. How does it work?
    Had one. It was neat while it worked, but broke. It also seamed a little overpriced for what they gave you (2 pieces of stamped sheet-metal, a hinge, and a couple nuts and bolts for $40). I believe I got mine from TeamMiata.

I have a home made one. Two hinges from Home Depot and some nuts and bolts. Been on the car for over two years. No problems, no tickets, one warning.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Thanks for the welcome, guys. The car really is a lot of fun - it certainly has made the commute better!

I haven't studied the LP bracket enough to tell if it's a home-made one or from one of the vendors, but it's pretty cool - if you insist on having a front plate. I do recall seeing instructions for making one on Miata.net some time back.

As for stomping grounds, I live in NW Richardson, near Campbell and 75, and I work in west Plano. I'm sure I'll catch up with you guys sometime soon...

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster
    I have a home made one. Two hinges from Home Depot and some nuts and bolts. Been on the car for over two years. No problems, no tickets, one warning.
    "Didjoo install thet rollbar yerself, sonnnn?" Bwuhahahaha... Wish I could have been there...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Welcome! I fully agree with the "commute" comment. Life is much better in a rag top! Again, Welcome.
    My old 99' My new 99'
    Remember folks, street lights timed for 35 mph are also timed for 70 mph. ~Jim Samuels