Thread: Dual Fan Set-up

Converting your Miata over to a dual fan setup is simple, here is the two terminals that you can connect at the ECU. '90-93 does not have this option and would require hard wiring the relays together.

Here is the link:

http://www.trackdogracing.com/inst/fan_wiring.pdf

Normally the drivers side fan controls the cooling, but if the temperature rises above 230F then the second fan activates. I would strongly suggest that everyone consider this dual fan option. All of our FI customers cars get this modification.

Gary
    Danger!!! This Dog Bites.
    www.trackdogracing.com

I TOTALLY AGREE. The only thing that has kept my summer temps down on the turbo is wiring the fans in parallel and running them at key on (always on) during the summer.

Cheap but effective solution.
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

Manual Fan Switch

Using the jumper that you connected the two fans together with connect a wire to the jumper and attach it to one end of a SPST switch (SPST mean single pole-single throw or another way is saying the switch breaks only one wire). Then connect the other end of the switch to a ground such as a screw or bolt. This will ground the two relays and activate the fans manually.

One area of placement for a switch on the M2 cars is in the OBDII cover panel area. Otherwise, put it under the hood or under the dash somewhere.

Keep in mine these fans draw a lot of amps and will drain your battery in short order. We have found that in about 5 minutes your fan will be extracting cool air so no need to leave on much longer.

Gary
    Danger!!! This Dog Bites.
    www.trackdogracing.com