Thread: WTB: BSP Low pro headlamps for NA

Default WTB: BSP Low pro headlamps for NA

Anyone know of a gently used set of BSP low pro headlamps for an NA?

Moss want $400 plus shipping. Duetto has for $335.

Not sure I can justify this one to the esposa...
    Never raise your hands to your children...it leaves your groin unprotected!

I think you may need some clarification.

There are actually three manufacturers of low profile pop-up head lamps.

The original creator of the design is k.g. works out of Japan. They are still available through RSpeed but at $1250 USD they are not popular over here.

BrainStorm (BSP) stole their idea and created their own kit. While significantly less expensive it was also cheaply made. They made a slight improvement later on but are still just so-so in quality.

Moss answered the market's request for a low profile kit that was better quality. Moss' kit is considered to be the best bang for the buck in low profile headlamp kits. They are as close to plug and play as you can get too.

Regarding Moss vs. BSP, you get what you pay for. You may find BSP lo-pros on the used parts market likely because the owner is upgrading to the Moss kit. Just remember that the BSP kit basically sucks when compared to the Moss kit and most people who have owned them, can tell you to spend the little bit extra for the Moss kit.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster
    I think you may need some clarification.

There are actually three manufacturers of low profile pop-up head lamps.

The original creator of the design is k.g. works out of Japan. They are still available through RSpeed but at $1250 USD they are not popular over here.

BrainStorm (BSP) stole their idea and created their own kit. While significantly less expensive it was also cheaply made. They made a slight improvement later on but are still just so-so in quality.

Moss answered the market's request for a low profile kit that was better quality. Moss' kit is considered to be the best bang for the buck in low profile headlamp kits. They are as close to plug and play as you can get too.

Regarding Moss vs. BSP, you get what you pay for. You may find BSP lo-pros on the used parts market likely because the owner is upgrading to the Moss kit. Just remember that the BSP kit basically sucks when compared to the Moss kit and most people who have owned them, can tell you to spend the little bit extra for the Moss kit.
    I have had more than one BSP owner look at my Moss lights up close, look at the light output, and ask me if I ever have a problem with water in the lens like on the BSPs. I show them how the the sealed nature prevents it, and they say something to the effect of "Thats cinches it... I'm swapping my BSPs out for Moss."

I'm with you guys. My Miata had the BSP kit on it when I bought it, and, ugh, it's still on the car. The low beams work fine, but one high beam was cracked. I called BSP for another and they acted like they had no idea what I was talking about. Errrrr, you guys make a low-pro kit, right? "uhh, we're out of stock on that item right now..."

I ended up hacking up some truck fog lights and installing those in place of the high beams. They do NOT work as high beams at all, but at least they got me through the inspection.

A Moss kit is in my future. The BSP is headed to the trash eventually - I won't be subjecting anyone else to its "charms".
    Mike Valant
    '94 Miata (daily driver)
    '03 MINI Cooper S (autocrosser - yeah I know, they're backwards! )

http://www.txwerks.com

I'm a convert as well. Car came with the BSP's, and as soon as I saw the revised Moss kit in person I swapped them out. Bottom line, if you want to see DON'T BUY THE BSP'S!!!!!!!! You can buy the Moss Kit from Track Dog and he has a set on his M1 if you want to see them. The light output is amazing and much better then any stock option I have seen.
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami

Me too! Buying the Moss kit is probably the best $400 I've ever spent. The quality truely is better than the BSP's as everyone is saying and the light output is incredible. With the Moss kit, using nice Hella projectors, my low beams are brighter than most new car's high beams! And the low profile look is pretty cool too.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

I just upgraded to the Hella 7" halogen retrofits, not nearly as nice as the Moss kit, but it's a lot more light than I had.

One of my headlights had burned out & I was surprised to find that the 97's still had sealed beam units.

I worked a night shift last night & even got to use the high beams coming home from work @ 5am.

The Moss kit is still a possibility, when daughter's headlight(s) burn out I may put the Hellas in her car & do the mod to mine.
    To do list: carpet X1, seatcovers X1

97' Green M Edition

▄︻┻┳═一