Thread: inspection and car register NEW LAW 2006

Chassis Designer

Default inspection and car register NEW LAW 2006

I received a letter from the state that informed me that since my car had failed inspection I will not be allowed to get it registered until it will pass
    There is a copy of the failed inspection sent to the state showing it has failed then you cant get new sticker for the windshield, until it passes
    I guess you will have to carry a copy of the inspection with you once it passes to get it registered
    The letter also stated that after spending 600.00 in a certain amount of time and it still failed you can get a one year waiver ,but the next year you will have to spend another 600.00 another option is if it is driven less than 5000 miles a year then a waiver can be issued
    If anyone is buying an inspection that is not legal and it has already failed once then you could get caught when you go to get it registered
    Any one else seen anything on this

I got one of those a few months after my OTM finally passed. I guess they don't keep very good records. Should be interesting when I try to renew the registration next month.