Thread: anyone know what can be pulled of a capri xr2?

Default anyone know what can be pulled of a capri xr2?

I want the turbo parts obviously but don't really know what will work. I can get the car for free. I particularly need engine management, the turbo and the manifold if I decide to not go the 1.8 route.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg
    I want the turbo parts obviously but don't really know what will work. I can get the car for free. I particularly need engine management, the turbo and the manifold if I decide to not go the 1.8 route.
    The ECU isn't going to work, unless you try to bring over the entire wiring harness, and I think that would really be a waste of time. The downpipe is also a no go (Capri was WWD so the engine sits the wrong way). The manifold would bolt up, but I don't know if there would be clearance issues. I believe the turbo is designed for a pretty low output, so not a good choice if you are interested in big power.

If you want a turbo on the cheap, the Greddy is the way to go, as it runs around $1200 new. It will add 30-40 hp out of the box, and can be upgraded slowly to over 200 rwhp.

Damn, I guess I am still stuck with out a manifold. I can make the rest of the piping, and will use the old turbo system from my vw...just looking for an easy way out of engine management. Its a blessing though because now I still have reason to buy an wrecked NB to swap parts over from.

I'll probably be the only person on earth with a k series turbo in a maita, unless I have to post up some cash and buy an overpriced t series manifold.