6 ) 285/30-18
    7 ) 195/55-14
    8 ) 205/55-14
    9 ) 215/50-13
    10 ) 215/40-16

The factory intends to develop these tires by June 2004 which means tires
    available in the U.S. in August and September. There are other factors that
    will affect the date that these tires hit the shore such as when our Sales
    organization places orders to the factory, raw material availability, etc.
    So, August and September availability is optimistic and it is recommended to
    have alternate plans if things change.

Rudy Consolacion
    Motorsports
    Kumho America Technical Center
    Akron, OH
    Looks like the CSP, ES, '94-'97 CS, and '01+ CS drivers are SOL for most of this season. Oh well, at least you guys will have plenty of feedback from us '99-'00 C Stockers by the time your sizes are available. :P

Iain
    (whose 205/50/15 V710s should be here late next week)
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Default Re: Kumho V710 sizing & availability

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Iain
    (whose 205/50/15 V710s should be here late next week)
    Did you get your tires???? What do ya think? Any Pictures Yet???

You realize that "late next week" means next week, right? :P

I talked to Tire Rack yesterday, and they should be shipping out today, so I should see them some time next week. I'll post pics when they come in.

Iain
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

You realize that "late next week" means next week, right? :P

Iain
    Well you know I need to flip my calendar over to February!

I still want a full report upon receipt!

What does http://www.tirerack.com/tracking/orderStat.jsp the order tracking show?

Mine shows : YOUR ORDER HAS BEEN RELEASED TO THE WAREHOUSE FOR SHIPPING. (14" Victoracers)

Mine shows: Ready for mounting at the Discount Tire in McKinney... after some tense moments... Fortunately, another local Discount Tire ordered 205/45/16 instead of 245/45/16 Ecsta V700s and carted them over there this morning...

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Mine shows : YOUR ORDER HAS BEEN RELEASED TO THE WAREHOUSE FOR SHIPPING. (14" Victoracers)
    Mine says the same thing. Hopefully that means they'll be here next week (shipping from Indiana).

Gonna be a busy week next week - the tires should be in, as should a full new set of rotors and pads, and my new slave cylinder. I might actually be ready to go by the time the season starts!

Iain
    Iain

It now shows : Order Status: SHIPPED

Slave cylinder, brake rotors, and pads showed up while I was at work, and TIre Rack sent me an email saying my tires shipped. Woohoo!

Iain
    Iain

It now shows : Order Status: SHIPPED
    And this morning it shows! "Feb 16, 2004 at 07:44 AM On FedEx vehicle for delivery"

Guess what showed up on the big brown truck today?

These suckers are HUGE. Here's a picture of a stack of unmounted "205/50/15" V710s next to a stack of mounted 225/45/15 Ecsta V700s:

The V710s are almost four full inches taller than the "larger" Ecsta V700s. I'll be interested to see how much bigger they are after mounting. They're also mighty darn sticky - can't wait to try 'em out at the S2k event.

Iain
    Iain

Wear bars. How adorable. Any offense I've already taken by tire banners notwithstanding, "DOT Approved" is such a funny joke.

I look forward to hearing how you like them. Maybe they'll have some for me in time to run them this year.

The V710s are almost four full inches taller than the "larger" Ecsta V700s. I'll be interested to see how much bigger they are after mounting. They're also mighty darn sticky - can't wait to try 'em out at the S2k event.

Iain
    When are you going to get those tires mounted?

Costco's cheap.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamaniac92
    Costco's cheap.

Chris
    Don't you need to be a member of Costco?

Yeppers. Gotta be a member. It pays to be a member. I bet the $40 deal at Iain's place is still your best bet... Most places charge $20 a corner for mounting "outside" tires.

When are you going to get those tires mounted?
    Hopefully this afternoon, so I can heat cycle them and give them enough time to "breathe" to test them out at the PCA school this Sunday.

Iain
    Iain

Costco is 9 per tire in Plano. Gary even trusted his VOLK's to em to mount some hoosiers for him.

I dunno how much it is in FW or Arlington. Costco pays for itself with the beer, Mobil 1, and gas savings I get every year.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Certain indivduals living west of I-35E are loathe to drive to Plano... YMMV at other Costco locations, but were it not for the long lines, I'd probably let them mount tires for me.

Chris is quite right about savings, though... Any one of oil (even cheapskates like me who use Castrol and non-synthetic Mobil), gas, beer or fruit juice easily pays for the membership... Especially if you have one or more cars that suck premium unleaded. In Plano, at least, the gas comes from a quality distributor. Not sure what goes in the tanks in Arlington/Southlake.

These suckers are HUGE. Here's a picture of a stack of unmounted "205/50/15" V710s next to a stack of mounted 225/45/15 Ecsta V700s:

How can they be 205's? Where do they measure from... between those two grooves?

I'm going to have to wait to actually see your tires. Since I got screwed by Mister Tiretail (who shipped me the shorter version ), I doubt those monsters will even fit!

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel

How can they be 205's? Where do they measure from... between those two grooves?

I'm going to have to wait to actually see your tires. Since I got screwed by Mister Tiretail (who shipped me the shorter version ), I doubt those monsters will even fit!
    Could you just weld some extra on or exchange it? Thats bad PR after all.

Chris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast