Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PCA Maverick Region Event #4 - 6/11/06, Pennington Field

Default PCA Maverick Region Event #4 - 6/11/06, Pennington Field

Anyone going this sunday?
    94 Miata R package RPF1 195 RS-R RB FSB FCM Bilstein Ebay Coilover 550/350
    91 Civic Si Daily Beater

"Its more fun to drive a slow car fast, than it is to drive a fast car slowly".

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Gotta work.

I am planning to go. I need all the track time I can get.

Is there a reason why PCA events aren't on the MME Autox Schedule?

S.

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel
    Is there a reason why PCA events aren't on the MME Autox Schedule?

S.
    Because we don't update the calender very often, that would be my guess.

Here is a Link to the PCA Website!

More specifically, because PCA hadn't released their calendar the last time I felt like updating the calendar... And since no one else has volunteered to update the calendar... hint hint...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    More specifically, because PCA hadn't released their calendar the last time I felt like updating the calendar... And since no one else has volunteered to update the calendar... hint hint...
    I went and updated it based on the info on the PCA website!

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    And since no one else has volunteered to update the calendar... hint hint...
    Don't look at me. I'm not a moderator.

S.

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel
    Don't look at me. I'm not a moderator.

S.
    Nope... but you don't need to be a moderator to edit the calendar! You just have to be suckered in volunteer.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by apex2apex
    Anyone going this sunday?
    Back on topic, I see it has moved from Mineral Wells. Now I'm interested!!

I will be there in my RX8, want to see how the car feels with lighter wheels and 615.
    91 Civic Si Daily Beater

Does anyone know if we can pay on site or prepaid only???
    91 Civic Si Daily Beater

Quote Originally Posted by apex2apex
    Does anyone know if we can pay on site or prepaid only???
    You can pay on site, if you're not sure you'll attend.
    Last edited by Darron65; 06-08-2006 at 10:44 AM.

I may make it out in the Miata. I could use a break from the house hunting.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Not a bad day, all things considered. It's always nice when you can have the car packed and be headed home by 2:15pm after a full day with a lunch break.

The course was another "interesting" PCA use of the small Pennington surface. Three 1st gear downshifts, and about half the course was actually run in 1st gear. Not too technically challenging, just a lot of tight manuvering. I think I ended up with the 3rd fastest time overall, behind Gabby and Jim H. - not bad since I was giving up half a second to them on the drag-style launch!

Still it was fun to get out and blow off the cobwebs. Good to see Darron65 and Lost216 again, and meet the new guy (sorry mate, I'm bad with names!).
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

It was good seeing everyone again! I got my butt kicked by all miata again, but that just makes me want to race even more.

Jrj52, you put out good times with dead shocks and ze512s! You are already way ahead on the learning curve from me.
    91 Civic Si Daily Beater

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512
    I am planning to go. I need all the track time I can get.
    I think you've had quite enough already, young man.

Wow, you were making us all look bad yesterday. Do you really have a 1.6 in there? On dead shocks and daily driver all season tires? Amazing.

Thanks! I really can't wait to get new tires and shocks. I promised myself that I would hold off on the tires until the current ones wear out (probably two or three more races) and wait until Winter for the shocks. Not sure if I can hold out, though.

Iain, you were really fast. I could not touch your times. Neither could Lorin S. What on earth are you doing to get those times?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512
    Thanks! I really can't wait to get new tires and shocks. I promised myself that I would hold off on the tires until the current ones wear out (probably two or three more races) and wait until Winter for the shocks. Not sure if I can hold out, though.

Iain, you were really fast. I could not touch your times. Neither could Lorin S. What on earth are you doing to get those times?!?!
    He cheats!
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto
    He cheats!
    You're just jealous.

Honestly? The two biggest parts of that are experience and tires. I've been autocrossing for the better part of seven years now, and I've got a bit of a competitive drive, so I'm always pushing myself to go faster and/or beat the other guy. I'm not happy unless I'm winning. I was a little bummed that I wasn't able to catch Jim or Gabby yesterday.

The second biggest part of the equation is tires. I was on a set of Kumho V710s, which are an autocross specific racing tire compound. They are "DOT approved" for street use, but make no mistake that they are specially molded and formulated for quick autocross lap times in the dry, and not much else. On a high 30 second course like yesterday's, they are probably worth at least a second over even the best performing street tires you can buy. Be careful, though - R compounds like the V710 are like crack. Once you've used them, nothing else will do.

Other than that, my car is prett mildly prepped. I use KYB AGX shocks, a Flyin' Miata 1" front swaybar... and the rest of the car is stock.
    Iain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast