Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got an OBDII reader I can borrow?

Details. Whats going on with it? I know a place that will do a swap pretty dang cheap if thats what it comes down to. A buddy just had his s2000 motor swapped and it was about 575 labor, so a miata would have to be cheaper.
    Chris - 2014 Chevrolet Camaro SS
    2013 Red Miata Sport
    2006 Winning Blue Miata
    2000 Red Miata
    2011 Red Mazda2
    2015 Smart Electric

Suspension Modder

ok, the first time, I was able to get the car started. Was ok, but my car sounded louder than usual whenever i pressed the gas. was ok if i kept my speed steady.

went and had my timing belt changed at my friends and because I needed my car back asap, we didnt do much else. My friend figured the extra noise was due to an exhaust leak so I ordered some gaskets from RB. Two days later, I'm driving to work and i all of a sudden my car gets really really loud. I pull over and i cant seem to figure out what happened. I get to a muffler shop after work and this is what happened:

Apparently my header pipe broke. Got it welded though not all the way since he couldnt reach up top. The next day, drove all happy what with the nice weather and all (Saturday). Went out late, then I got in my car and drove home. Halfway there, I noticed my temp gauge on High. For some reason, I didnt think to pull over. I was thinking my gauge was broken (i slightly blame the alcohol -not drunk tho!) I think I was also scared to be on the side of 30 at 3 am by myself. Anyway, I hit my exit, unable to get any power and pull over. MY car starts smoking right away. Call a tow truck and have it towed to my house.

One of my radiator/water hoses has a leak in it. And b/c i Didnt pull over right away, I probably killed my car. Every since I got back, I've had problems. And now I'm sick and can't talk.

I'm going to be looking for a another motor or as my friend suggests, be on the lookout for a wrecked MSM and grab that motor.

Well what did you figure out Miatabich?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12