Thread: Sport Spotting

Default Sport Spotting

A while back someone did an excellent write up on how to idnetify a Sport model. I think it was Altiain, but my memory isn't what it used to be.

I can't seem to find it - is there a link somewhere, or can someone hit the highlights for me again. I've got a friend who's looking for a sports car, and I've got him interested in the Miatas. He's also interested in autocrossing someday, so I told him about the 99 Sports but couldn't remember all the gory details about how to ID them.

Strut tower brace, a code on the sticker on the door jamb with an 'S' in it, polka dots on the inside of the glove box.... some of it stays with me and some of it gets mixed up with other information in my brain . . .
    A Z06 is just like a Miata, but with the other half of the motor . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Solo RX-7
    A while back someone did an excellent write up on how to idnetify a Sport model. I think it was Altiain, but my memory isn't what it used to be.

I can't seem to find it - is there a link somewhere, or can someone hit the highlights for me again. I've got a friend who's looking for a sports car, and I've got him interested in the Miatas. He's also interested in autocrossing someday, so I told him about the 99 Sports but couldn't remember all the gory details about how to ID them.

Strut tower brace, a code on the sticker on the door jamb with an 'S' in it, polka dots on the inside of the glove box.... some of it stays with me and some of it gets mixed up with other information in my brain . . .
    Door jamb sticker:
    Sport = Normal Suspension
    Hard S = Sport Suspension
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Solo RX-7
    You're pretty close with that description. The door jamb sticker will read 'Hard S', not sure about the polka dots though.....
    OEM sport shocks are yellow bilsteins and there will be a front shock tower brace.

See linkie for '00 Sport for sale and pics on page 3.... http://forums.dfwmiata.com/showthread.php?t=6251