Thread: Wreck at MSR Entrance.

Default Wreck at MSR Entrance.

From the Outlaw list.

(from another egroup)
    On Sunday a younger guy driving a black Miata was entering MSR from
    Hwy 377 [snip]. On the hill, about 3/4 of the way in, he lost control
    and hit a couple on a motorcycle as they were leaving MSR. The guy and
    the girl on the bike were each care flighted out.
    And a response:

This was not someone I recognized from our group. As I was leaving the track on Sunday they told me in the paddock area that there had been an accident and that the girl was "not responsive". I didn't actually leave for at least another 10/15 minutes and she was still lying there not moving. The medavac helicopter was just arriving. I hope she will be OK but it didn't look good. I believe everyone in our group knows how slick that road is and to save their racing for the track.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

I hope everyone will be ok
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

I went out there on the 4th for couple sessions and asked a few questions but didn't get much information.

Looking at the crash site and skid marks it looks like, at least to me, that the Miata driver was at fault. After crossing the small bridge and going back up the small hill for the blind up hill right the skid marks go off to the left just past the apex of the turn directly into the center of the outbound lane marked by a big oil splat.

Looks like the Miata driver was travelling at a fair clip lost crontrol on that slick sealed pavement and locked them up right into oncoming traffic. The guy on the Harley didn't have a chance

Brian said both bike occupants got Care-flight rides outta there. He believes they had serious broken bones but no serious internal bleeding injuries. Person driving the Miata was just shook up. Speed and Harry were just leaving after it happened and said that the Miata was caved in badly.

I asked Brian if he knew who the guy driving the Miata was. He said that he has seen him before but he wasn't sure who he is. He though he might work for Shannon McMasters. The car apparently is a NA thats been painted a dull black.

Just a reminder that even thought that is a fun little road it is real slick and you have to be real careful. I know of several people who have gone off-road coming into the ranch.
    Last edited by 2K Miata; 07-06-2006 at 09:44 PM.

Coincidence? I think not...

Flat Black Miata
    for sale - location listed as MSR

I wouldn't give anything even close to $1379 for that car with the damage he has listed...

Quote Originally Posted by alleged crazy motorcycle smashing driver
    front right of car is damaged
    needs hood-fender-bumber-radiator etc
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by CraiginTX
    Coincidence? I think not...

Flat Black Miata
    for sale - location listed as MSR
    That car has blood on it!

That was quick. Guess he want's to dump the bad memories associated with that car.

Hope the motorcycle drivers recover.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

I would think that car should be in police impound somewhere. If there's a lawsuit, which I would expect, they're gonna want that car.......
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv
    I would think that car should be in police impound somewhere. If there's a lawsuit, which I would expect, they're gonna want that car.......
    Which may be exactly why he's trying to dump it.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I feel sorry for whoever buys it then strips & dumps the bad parts when repairing it.

Maybe he needs the money to pay for his attorney...

Let's keep in mind that we're not 100% sure he caused the accident. I was there right after it happened, and it IS possibly that the bike was also on the wrong side of the (narrow) entrance road.

I never saw the female victim; I believe she was in the back of the ambulance when we got there. The male was stapped down to a body board, but as we finally passed him after the road has been cleared I did not see any major external injuries or even blood. He was asking about his wife as we passed by...

I hope everyone will be OK.

Speed

Quote Originally Posted by miataspeedracer
    Let's keep in mind that we're not 100% sure he caused the accident. I was there right after it happened, and it IS possibly that the bike was also on the wrong side of the (narrow) entrance road.
    Speed
    Could be, but the point of impact (at the end of a long skid mark and a large oil/coolant spot), to me, seemed to be on the outbound lane near the center where the bike should of been. Not the Maita. The road is marked with a stripped line. I just hope the bikers are not seriously injured.

True, but the Miata could have been on his side, saw the bike cutting the corner coming downhill, and locked it up. He could have hit the bike on the "miata" side of the road and pushed both him and the bike over to the "Harley" side of the road.
    However, seeing him try to dump the Miata on craigslist is pretty fishy...

Quote Originally Posted by miataspeedracer
    True, but the Miata could have been on his side, saw the bike cutting the corner coming downhill, and locked it up. He could have hit the bike on the "miata" side of the road and pushed both him and the bike over to the "Harley" side of the road.
    However, seeing him try to dump the Miata on craigslist is pretty fishy...
    Damn Speedy. You'd should'a been a lawyer. No wonder that Celina DA let yah off :)

You made some valid points and we'll never know what exactly happen.

Just hope the bikers are going to be OK

Quote Originally Posted by 2K Miata
    Damn Speedy. You'd should'a been a lawyer. No wonder that Celina DA let yah off :)

You made some valid points and we'll never know what exactly happen.

Just hope the bikers are going to be OK
    Nah...

I dont want to accuse anyone of anything, but this kid had 100% bald tires and had a history of wrecking his car in what he called "drifting incedents". I'm not saying that he knew better, because it is my opinion that he didnt, but this was easily avoidable. He was careless and came very close to ending someones life. He admitted to driving way too fast and beyond his capabilities. He embarrassed himself a few times that day and hopefully he will learn from this.

One of my good friends treated the couple on the motorcycle and said that they are much better.

Quote Originally Posted by forrest
    I dont want to accuse anyone of anything, but this kid had 100% bald tires and had a history of wrecking his car in what he called "drifting incedents". I'm not saying that he knew better, because it is my opinion that he didnt, but this was easily avoidable. He was careless and came very close to ending someones life. He admitted to driving way too fast and beyond his capabilities. He embarrassed himself a few times that day and hopefully he will learn from this.

One of my good friends treated the couple on the motorcycle and said that they are much better.
    Interesting. Do you know him personally? How do you know about his actions that day?

I know him through a friend. He called me to pick him up from the ranch after the accident.

Just for the record - My miata is flat black and It wasn't me.
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

Quote Originally Posted by Screamin'Screw
    Just for the record - My miata is flat black and It wasn't me.
    Uh huh... suuuuuuurrrrrrre it wasn't...