Thread: tcsd_win32.exe error

Default tcsd_win32.exe error

I loaded some software in a customers Dell a couple weeks ago and I get this note from that customers IT guy tonight.
    -- Dear Mick Jr.,

We have been receiving the enclosed error on Glen's laptop since it was returned. (This is an error that occurs even when your software is not used and it appears for a couple seconds when shutting down) I have talked with Dell and I am totally convinced that it is due to an encryption error by the TCSD exe program (created 11/30/05) that was installed by ya'll in Dallas. Please ask if there is a patch to fix this. It is extremely urgent as the new laptop restarts with serious warning about near fatal error. I have spent many hours on this problem and I hope you will give it the same attention. If is futile to continue without a fix as the machine will ultimately fail with this reoccurring error,

Regards,
    I installed a program called FabriWIN by MetalSOFT it uses a USB security dongle could it's software be causing the error??

I load this software quite often haven't run across this issue before. Any and all help would greatly be appreciated.

Here is a screen shoot of the error he is getting.

TIA
    Last edited by POS Racing; 07-06-2006 at 09:08 PM.

Yeah... the tcsd_win32.exe program is a PKI (Public Key encryption) software program... Those USB security dongles have a private key on them and the software uses the public key to talk to it.

Hard for the developers to tell what is going on without a memory dump. It looks like a VB message of "no such interface" which makes me wonder if Windows isn't recognizing the security dongle.

Easiest thing is to plug in the dongle and see if there are any yellow bangs (as in BANG!!! - the exclamation mark) next to it in the hardware device manager. You can also contact your vendor for an update to the dongle drivers.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Like channelmaniac said, check to see if the dongle is functioning correctly in Device Manager.
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP