Thread: Anybody want my rear lip spoiler?

Default Anybody want my rear lip spoiler?

I'm REALLY annoyed at the paint shop that I took my car to after I got it repaired... I bought a front chin spoiler, a set of mudguards, and a rear lip spoiler for my NA and had them all installed and painted. Well, now a few months later the paint is falling off, chipping, bubbling... and it looks as though they didn't even clean and prime it (not sure if that's necessary on ABS but still...). So I'm beginning to think that maybe I should just get rid of it and not have to deal with it. It may make my car a bit cleaner too. The stripes go under the spoiler also so there's no prob. I paid $150 for it from Moss but I'll take $75 obo. Fortunately for the buyer, the paint should peel right off

Thanks!

-Joel
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonkey
    I'm REALLY annoyed at the paint shop that I took my car to after I got it repaired... I bought a front chin spoiler, a set of mudguards, and a rear lip spoiler for my NA and had them all installed and painted. Well, now a few months later the paint is falling off, chipping, bubbling... and it looks as though they didn't even clean and prime it (not sure if that's necessary on ABS but still...). So I'm beginning to think that maybe I should just get rid of it and not have to deal with it. It may make my car a bit cleaner too. The stripes go under the spoiler also so there's no prob. I paid $150 for it from Moss but I'll take $75 obo. Fortunately for the buyer, the paint should peel right off

Thanks!

-Joel
    I'm interested, provided it can be turned back to stock (black). Got a photo?

Speed

For a second I though it read "rear lip". Make me feel dirty just thinking about it
    Gabriel

Quote Originally Posted by miataspeedracer
    I'm interested, provided it can be turned back to stock (black). Got a photo?

Speed

I'll get a pic shortly. Actually... hang on a second.

Got em!!

Like I said, the paint is peeling so it should come off just fine. I pushed on a bubbled spot and it just made more paint peel. Let me know..
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

I'd like to check it out if Speed passes.

I'll take it if these guys don't want it. I've got a brother-in-law that can paint it for me.
    I'm not speeding officer, I'm qualifying!!!

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M
    05 GSXR 600 (To buy my house)

Sorry guys, I hope you weren't waiting on me
    Now that I've seen the pics, I need to pass. I didn't realize it was a trunk lip spoiler; I (wrongly) assumed it was the black lip at the bottom of the rear bumper that came standard on the R package Miatas...

Sorry about that,
    Speed

Quote Originally Posted by miataspeedracer
    Sorry guys, I hope you weren't waiting on me
    Now that I've seen the pics, I need to pass. I didn't realize it was a trunk lip spoiler; I (wrongly) assumed it was the black lip at the bottom of the rear bumper that came standard on the R package Miatas...

Sorry about that,
    Speed
    Well I am second on the list... Joel, you have a PM.

*SOLD!*

Sorry I took so long, I kept forgetting and I have to borrow my sisters internet for now
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata