Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RX-8 Engine Issues

Same here... it won't continue after 44 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Sweet if the survey results are not what ya want just change the way ya do the surveys!
    From what I gather it is going something like this:

1) Mazda gave the RX-8 a back seat so it appeals to a wider audience.
    2) Non-sportscar people bought the cars like crazy.
    3) Not understanding (or wanting to understand) what is involved in owning and caring for a rotary, the new buyers were using the dealer surveys to complain about flooding and Oil and gas consumption.
    4) The complaints drug down the dealers ratings.
    5) Dealers stopped pushing the RX-8 and tried to avoid sales to people who didn't "get it" in order to protect their precious ratings.
    6) Mazda offers to ignore the questionings if the dealers will get back out there and start dumping RX-8s back on the people that don't "get it".

Nice! What was Twain's old line about "lies, damned lies, and statistics"?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    From what I gather it is going something like this:

1) Mazda gave the RX-8 a back seat so it appeals to a wider audience.
    2) Non-sportscar people bought the cars like crazy.
    3) Not understanding (or wanting to understand) what is involved in owning and caring for a rotary, the new buyers were using the dealer surveys to complain about flooding and Oil and gas consumption.
    4) The complaints drug down the dealers ratings.
    5) Dealers stopped pushing the RX-8 and tried to avoid sales to people who didn't "get it" in order to protect their precious ratings.
    6) Mazda offers to ignore the questionings if the dealers will get back out there and start dumping RX-8s back on the people that don't "get it".
    Wow you and I must have watched two different deals.

The RX8 is getting bad survey results, they did't go into any specifics on why. But they have removed the RX8 from the survey pool to help bolster that happy numbers Mazda and the dealers want to see.

The RX8 is getting bad survey results, they did't go into any specifics on why. But they have removed the RX8 from the survey pool to help bolster that happy numbers Mazda and the dealers want to see.
    I'm with POS, but not only are they saying to ignore the RX8 surveys they are letting the dealers throw out their lowest score surveys (no matter what they are). Their reasoning was that the appeals procedure was too much work for the poor dealerships.

This is pretty ugly.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto
    I'm with POS, but not only are they saying to ignore the RX8 surveys they are letting the dealers throw out their lowest score surveys (no matter what they are). Their reasoning was that the appeals procedure was too much work for the poor dealerships.

This is pretty ugly.
    I'm confused... Does that mean that El Dorado Mazda doesn't suck balls? Is Hiley Unlikely Mazda now a dealership of distinction?
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

My apologies for the confusion... my comments were my interpretation of what is going on based on many things, not just the video. I actually began typing it out before the questions of what is in the video appeared. Reading back through it I can see how it looks like I was trying to summarize the video, but I wasn't.

My apologies for the confusion... my comments were my interpretation of what is going on based on many things, not just the video. I actually began typing it out before the questions of what is in the video appeared. Reading back through it I can see how it looks like I was trying to summarize the video, but I wasn't.
    "They" change your medications again??

"They" change your medications again??
    Yes.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    I'm confused... Does that mean that El Dorado Mazda doesn't suck balls? Is Hiley Unlikely Mazda now a dealership of distinction?
    Looks like they are adjusting the curve so they can all be the greatest Mazda Dealers Evar!

Looks like they are adjusting the curve so they can all be the greatest Mazda Dealers Evar!
    Sounds like they've taken the VW approach to dealer/customer relations...

It sounds like it will give service managers the ability to be as rude and difficult as they want with RX-8 owners, with no concern of repercussions. I would think that they would still need to be nice to some of the owners of non-RX-8s, as I don't think Mazda would throw out ALL of the surveys.

as I don't think Mazda would throw out ALL of the surveys.
    Why not?? Save the time and expense of processing them and just give all their dealerships 100%...

Picture the TV Ad: "All our dealerships have achieved their Super 5-star Platinum rating"
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Hmm... I don't like the idea of not being able to ding the dealership through complaints if they screw me or treat me like crap. All of this hoopla is making an RX-8 look less and less promising...
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Hmm... I don't like the idea of not being able to ding the dealership through complaints if they screw me or treat me like crap. All of this hoopla is making an RX-8 look less and less promising...
    But it's OK... that video isn't for the public... I promise... you will still get your questionnaires, and can rant and rave all you want.

Mazda just isn't going to read your comments.

Hmmm... firewall no likie your linkie. Cliff notes?

Hmmm... firewall no likie your linkie. Cliff notes?
    Security Breach
    Leaked telecast between Mazda reps and dealers causes an uproar

By BRADFORD WERNLE | AUTOMOTIVE NEWS

AutoWeek | Published 08/14/06, 7:54 am et

Dealers Randy Hiley and Robert DeVaux thought the video Webcast they filmed July 13 was for U.S. Mazda dealers' eyes and ears only.

Wrong. The private telecast, in which they discussed customer complaints about the RX-8 sports car, was pirated and broadcast on the Internet.

The embarrassing episode shows how quickly private information can move in the Internet age. Now, the carmaker and its dealer council are rethinking the way they will communicate with dealers.

"It was proprietary information, but I guess nothing is proprietary anymore," says Hiley, chairman of Mazda's dealer advisory council and owner of Hiley Mazda in Arlington, Texas.

The episode started when Hiley and DeVaux met after the July 11-13 National Dealer Advisory Council meetings in Newport Beach, Calif. The two council reps made a routine video Webcast to update dealers about the meeting.

Among other news items, Hiley and DeVaux reported to dealers that Mazda was going to respond to concerns some dealers had raised about the RX-8. The dealers said issues with the car - including service bulletins on trouble spots such as squeaky brakes and engine flooding - were unfairly lowering their Mazda customer-satisfaction scores.

Enthusiasts complain

In the Webcast, Hiley and DeVaux told dealers: "Mazda is well-aware of the negative impact on the scores caused by the RX-8 surveys. They agreed with us that the situation had to be changed. And so, effective July 1st, RX-8 will be continued to be included in the survey, but the scores will no longer be included in the results."

Little did Hiley and DeVaux know someone would copy the video and leak it to a Mazda RX-8 enthusiast Web site, rx8club.com. The story took on a life of its own on the RX-8 owner site and on autoblog.com, an auto enthusiast site.

Some unhappy RX-8 owners took the dealers' Webcast comments as evidence that Mazda and the dealers were unwilling to repair their cars swiftly and thoroughly.

Autoblog.com asked the question: "Why would RX-8 owners be surveyed if those survey results were not a factor for the dealer in the end? And more importantly, what incentive would dealers have to give RX-8 owners good customer service if these surveys weren't being counted?"

Mazda tried to reassure owners with a press release.

"That video is only one portion of the story behind our survey," Mazda spokesman Jeremy Barnes wrote to members of the Mazda RX-8 forum, the enthusiast group to whom the video was circulated.

"Mazda's goal is to ensure that our dealers provide all customers, regardless of the vehicle they own, with the highest level of service and customer satisfaction. To assume, after viewing a video posted on the Internet, that Mazda would do anything to compromise this is simply and unequivocally wrong."

Like other manufacturers, Mazda conducts customer surveys to learn how dealers treat customers. Low scores can mean dealers might not be eligible for certain programs the factory offers customers.

Better security needed

Now the carmaker and its dealer council are looking at new ways to communicate with dealers.

Said Hiley: "With technology the way it is, it doesn't matter if it's video or e-mail correspondence. Obviously, somebody can get that information somehow. What it tells you is we have to find another medium to communicate with our dealer body that has some security to it."

The story has an ironic twist. After the broadcast, J.D. Power and Associates issued customer-satisfaction scores that showed the RX-8 was Mazda's highest-scoring model.

"Those people love their cars," says DeVaux. "The few dealers who sort of put this on the table may have been overreacting."

Mazda plans to review whether it even needs to keep the RX-8 numbers out of the scores.

Says Mike Ray, Mazda director of customer satisfaction and loyalty: "This was a short-term proposal. We will look at it monthly."

I love the way Hiley is only pissed about the fact that this got leaked, and not the fact that he sounds like a complete d!ckhead.

S.

Sounds like the dealers are going to get just what they deserve. The RX-8 scores won't be included in their average... and their average scores will go down!!!

What a bunch of idiots.
    Iain

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    ...and their average scores will go down!!!
    That sounds Hiley likely!

Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast