Thread: Dyno-ed my car today.

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Default Dyno-ed my car today.

I took my '94 to ATS Racing in Denton today. The plan is to get a set of base runs before I start preping for E stock. Not planning to do wild things, just SCCA stock.

1st run 99.0 whp - 94.7 f-p torque
    2nd run 99.1 whp - 93.5 f-p torque
    3rd run 99.6 whp - 93.6 f-p torque

That is better than the 95 whp I had expected.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Seems a bit low, but then, I never dyno'ed my 94. My 96(OBDII) was at 108.8HP completly stock. Open exhaust pushed it to 111.2 and a Dynomax Turbo cat-back was best at 113.8. These were all at 14 degrees BTDC. Of course, this was at about 4500 miles, however it also was after three full seasons running SSB.

How many miles are on your 94? Lazy valve springs would probably account for the missing ponies.
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

My '92 1.6 pulled 95.6 at ATS back when the only performance mods I had were a timing bump, a K&N Panel filter, and my Racing Beat cat-back exhaust.

Talking

My old '92 1.6 pulled 88 at ATS back when the only performance mods I had were a timing bump, a K&N Panel filter.

Would like to see what the '99 has in it!

Actually those numbers aren't that far off. This heat really kills dyno #'s (which is why I've decided to wait another month before I get a baseline). Do you have access to the correction #? Also the air-temp and humidity #'s (not that they would factor since it's been so dry this week). How old are the spark plugs, oil, and air filter?
    '02 Berlina S2k
    J's 60RS, K&N FIPK, AUT CF cooling panel,
    JDM sidemarkers, S badges, BYS emblems,
    Mugen TP, 11.7:1 CR, Comptech Header,
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Payrot
    Actually those numbers aren't that far off. This heat really kills dyno #'s (which is why I've decided to wait another month before I get a baseline). Do you have access to the correction #? Also the air-temp and humidity #'s (not that they would factor since it's been so dry this week). How old are the spark plugs, oil, and air filter?
    The temperature was about 95 F and I think the humidity was about 30%. I do not have any correction numbers. The car is bone stock except a K&N panel filter. It has 78K miles.
    The car is just the was I bought it about six weeks ago. Today I am going to change the oil, filter and check the plugs. I have no idea when they were last changed. I wanted to get the baseline with the car just as I got it.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

good thing you didn't break thier dyno with all that power. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by cone-cerned
    The temperature was about 95 F and I think the humidity was about 30%. I do not have any correction numbers. The car is bone stock except a K&N panel filter. It has 78K miles.
    The car is just the was I bought it about six weeks ago. Today I am going to change the oil, filter and check the plugs. I have no idea when they were last changed. I wanted to get the baseline with the car just as I got it.
    Might want to have a look at the fuel filter while you're at maintenance items, it couldn't hurt.
    '02 Berlina S2k
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Payrot
    Might want to have a look at the fuel filter while you're at maintenance items, it couldn't hurt.
    is the fuel filter a pain?

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg
    No it's fairly easy with just some jack stands and basic tools.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto
    But it's one of the few things I'll not offer to let you do in my garage... Nor will Mick.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

I had 210k+ miles on my 1.6 and it dynoed at ATS at 98.6 with just an FM cat and borla exhaust. I bet heat was a factor too.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto
    And some golf tees or something similar to block the gas from giving you a shower. I got a nice gas shower once when I was draining a gas tank and the drain plug wouldn't go back in (stripped apparently). I couldn't stand the smell of gas for 3 or 4 months afterwards. Not to mention the "chemical" burn on my arm and armpit. Luckily the filter takes literally seconds to remove and replace if you've placed everything w/in arm's reach.
    '02 Berlina S2k
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

I changed the fuel filter today. And I got the gas shower. Then I used a hemostat to clamp off the tank side line. That worked pretty well.

Also got the oil changed and the plugs cleaned and gapped.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    My old '92 1.6 pulled 88 at ATS back when the only performance mods I had were a timing bump, a K&N Panel filter.

Would like to see what the '99 has in it!
    I think the record for stock NBs at ATS still stands at 123whp with nothing but an axleback exhaust.

I'm curious what the new motor would do, but the way it's looking, I won't have time to get to a dyno before it's gone (keep yer fingers crossed).
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg
    Only if gasoline burns your skin. I've done that job once, and while it wasn't difficult, it ranked pretty high on the ol' suck-o-meter.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw