Thread: Chipped Windshield

Default Chipped Windshield

Gassed up the 4Runner tonight here in lovely Tomaball, TX. Since I plan to blast home after a couple stops in the AM. Found a rock chip in the windshield .

As long as this crack doesn't spider out during my journey back to Ft. Worth, can these chip normally be fixed??

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Any of these products (lower on the page) should be able to fix it...
    (But may not be 100% thumb proof)

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    No comment!
    Ummmm.... buy you some naked oldsmobiles... err uhh... Bentleys tomorrow night and call it even?

Same thing happened on our MPV when it was less than a month old.

Call your insurance company. It didn't cost us a dime and they sent out a repair tech to our home. He kept it from spreading and it is barely visible now.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

I'd leave it to the pro's, like Black Roadster said. The home kits do work, but the pro's are better at getting the spot fixed 'nearly invisible.' The insurance paid for my last one as well. The guy at the shop said that the sooner you bring the car in, the better your chances are to have the chip disapear. The more time that elapses, the more dirt and water get in the glass and the less likely the tech is able to make it look invisible.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Check with a plumber..................

Jiggle the handle.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio-Active View Post
    The guy at the shop said that the sooner you bring the car in, the better your chances are to have the chip disappear.
    Same thing my insurance lady said as I was headeded north so I stopped in Collage Station and had it fixed this afternoon for $30.00!

Found out my deductible was going to be $500 to get the windshield replaced!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Same thing my insurance lady said as I was headeded north so I stopped in Collage Station and had it fixed this afternoon for $30.00!

weird... I got a free car detail when I got my chip fixed... no $30 required...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Wow... I'd take a hard look at changing that policy if I were you... I have had 3 windshields replaced free of charge in the last 4 years thanks to Insurance. I think the added coverage cost me around $5 every six months.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Wow... I'd take a hard look at changing that policy if I were you... I have had 3 windshields replaced free of charge in the last 4 years thanks to Insurance. I think the added coverage cost me around $5 every six months.
    Yeah... I have a feeling that the lady at the insurance office accidentally deleted POS' glass coverage the last time he asked for a quote on Liability and UIM...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser View Post
    weird... I got a free car detail when I got my chip fixed... no $30 required...
    I'll get reimbursed by State Farm, just paid cash today to get it done. The lady at the glass place just couldn't figure out why a guy from Ft. Worth was getting his window fixed in Collage Station on a Friday Afternoon.

I plan to review that $500 stuff with my agent on Monday (as well as picking up my check for $30.00 as promised).