Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you do...caught a guy slamming his door on my car

Default What do you do...caught a guy slamming his door on my car

It broke the paint, and put a pretty nasty dent in the car, at our office of course. I know its nothing special, but I just had the car painted 3 months ago. I have it on camera, but I don't really know what to say to the guy.

What should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg View Post
    It broke the paint, and put a pretty nasty dent in the car, at our office of course. I know its nothing special, but I just had the car painted 3 months ago. I have it on camera, but I don't really know what to say to the guy.

What should I do?
    Do you know him? Do you work with a small group of people or is it a large office? If I didn't personally know the person and they didn't seem willing to do the right thing and come forward, I might just turn it over to insurance and give them the license plate number.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Do you know him? Do you work with a small group of people or is it a large office? If I didn't personally know the person and they didn't seem willing to do the right thing and come forward, I might just turn it over to insurance and give them the license plate number.
    I work for a large federal agency, and this dude of course out ranks me. I have it on camera, so I have the proof, just don't really know where to go with this.

I have a $1000 deductable so i don't want to get insurance involved.

You could always ask him nicely to pay for the damage he caused.

S.

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel View Post

S.
    Wow what a great plan!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Wow what a great plan!
    I know!

I recommended it only as a first step, not as a last step.

If you don't want to confront him personally, you have two options:

1. Sue him in small claims court, where the judge will ask you if you asked him to pay for the damage, or
    2. file it on your insurance.

I suppose you could kick his @ss, too, but that leads to further legal complications.

S.

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel View Post

S.
    but I don't know how to go about it when he denies it? Do I really want to demand that he pay to fix it.

but I don't know how to go about it when he denies it?
    How do you know he is going to deny it until you ask?

howd you manage to get it on video? a stroll through the parking lot making a video of passing traffic?? LOL j/k.

ask him to pay for it...

Sell the car.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

he said he didn't care if I had it on video, "its a fucking car, if you think it's that nice you should't drive it anywhere."

So much for being nice.

he said he didn't care if I had it on video, "its a fucking car, if you think it's that nice you should't drive it anywhere."

So much for being nice.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Post up the video so we can all see the carnage.

Driver
    The Enclave at The Villages of Deer Run at Quail Arroyo Estates de Chandelier Crossing
    Blog Entries

If you go to insurance, it should be HIS, not yours. Sometimes they are so happy to avoid personal injury lawsuits that they are practically eager to settle small claims -- they might not even consult him before paying out.

On the other hand...
    "Of course, you realize this means war."

Quote Originally Posted by redmenace View Post
    If you go to insurance, it should be HIS, not yours. Sometimes they are so happy to avoid personal injury lawsuits that they are practically eager to settle small claims -- they might not even consult him before paying out.

On the other hand...

"Of course, you realize this means war."
    yeah. I can't post the video. I should probably let him get away with it though...he can have me fired with one phonecall.

yeah. I can't post the video. I should probably let him get away with it though...he can have me fired with one phonecall.
    NOOOOOOOO

That is why he has that attitude. Like posted before, this means war.

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    Sell the car.

Hahahahahahahaha! I was thinkin' the same thing

Take it to your manager or boss. I'm not sure about federal government jobs, but HR takes seriously damage to employee property, especially by other employees, no matter what the rank.

At last resort, YouTube is always a good way to get the video out to be heard and seen, just to let the world know who the jerk is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast