Thread: am I crazy??

Default am I crazy??

(This might belong in "BULL", so moderator, feel free to move if necessary)
    Doubt I'll get this, but I'm currently high bidder (reserve not met), car is in Michigan.... If no one outbids me, I assume the seller will adjust their reserve)

(Black and tan, 14k miles, with hardtop....)

I luv these old Miatas, regardless of what anyone says. I predict the super nice ones can someday be very collectable, and if not, I'll have a hell of a time enjoying it!

I wanted to come to the Autocross today to check out some of your cars, but had 2 hockey games today!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting
    SOLD: 92 silver w/hardtop, voodoo, Kosei wheels, pine tree air freshener, and some JR stuff.
    SOLD: 99 silver; the old Goodwin supercharged car with gobs of power and everything else on it.
    SOLD: 95 triple black; stock
    SOLD: 99 black and tan; loaded and clean; just hit 50k miles.
    SOLD: 2006 Copper Mica Red; stock.
    FOR SALE: 2007 Galaxy Grey Grand Touring; stock; 38k miles.

Well you ask! Yes I think your crazy to pay that much for a 1993 Miata.

NADA shows average retail to be $5,570.00 even with the low miles. The price inches up to $6.407.00 for High Retail. Then you have to get it back to Texas.

They built 6,111 Black ones out of a production run of 21,482 for 1993. Not exactly rare, you might do OK on the collector angle with one of the yearly special edition cars that Mazda has been offering continuously since 1993.

Miata Production Numbers

I was outbid...

I will always be willing to pay the premium for the super low milage, like new car. Only 14,000 miles on that car. I wouldn't consult Nada for older cars though. I favor the black and tans, black and reds, and BRG's.

Going to fetch it would be part of the fun for me.

I respect your opinion though, and when I don't get that car, it will make me feel better...
    SOLD: 92 silver w/hardtop, voodoo, Kosei wheels, pine tree air freshener, and some JR stuff.
    SOLD: 99 silver; the old Goodwin supercharged car with gobs of power and everything else on it.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I thought the '93 LE was black with red interior. The black and tan 'C' package (like POS's) was a '92 model.

This was definately not an LE black and red. I am assuming there were multiple years of the black and tan. That bid price is up to 6775 and ends tonight at around 8:30, and reserve has been met. I am out at that price, but still don't think it's out of line for a car like that.

I have sunk thousands into a restoration on an old piece of crap car, and it was never even getting close to what I would be happy with, so I will always get something really nice and maintain it if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by bigDstars
    This was definately not an LE black and red. I am assuming there were multiple years of the black and tan. That bid price is up to 6775 and ends tonight at around 8:30, and reserve has been met. I am out at that price, but still don't think it's out of line for a car like that.

I have sunk thousands into a restoration on an old piece of crap car, and it was never even getting close to what I would be happy with, so I will always get something really nice and maintain it if possible.
    The B&T's started in '92 and I believe you can still get one today. I too have had several collector cars and have done a couple of restorations; I'm at about 50/50 on the ones I lost money on vs. the ones I have made money on. I try to buy them as cheap as possible to help stack the deck in my favor.

The special miatas that jump out to me are the 10AE and 93LE. Gotta love red and blue leather. MMM.

On a ebay note, I'm watching a certain bike really close. Can anyone say roadtrip to Kansas?
    vhttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Chris

That black and tan went for something like 7500.... My bid was only 6450, so I don't feel that crazy. I know there were a lot of black and tans, but they are still very cool, especially with the BBS wheels....

Hey Crazy :P did you see this car?

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Hey Crazy :P did you see this car?
    That one is yummy.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by bigDstars
    "... My bid was only 6450, so I don't feel that crazy..."
    $6,450 for a loaded Miata with a hardtop and 14,000 miles? OK, it is ten years old, but it sounds like it would have been a very good deal to me. Not quite as good as the legendary gabkwong and his $7,500 '99Sport-with-a-hardtop deal, but close...

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamaniac92
    On a ebay note, I'm watching a certain bike really close. Can anyone say roadtrip to Kansas?
    Chris
    A 7 year old YZF600? Reserve over $3200? Broken bodywork? Please explain.

I'm not panning it. I'm just curious about WHY?
    Hello, my name is OUTRACE and I'm a motorcyclist. It has been zero days since my last ride.

I've been looking around at YZF600's, thats about the starting price for even ragged out versions.

Obviously didn't get it. Not enough funds right now.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

No problemo. They just never showed up on my radar as a "must have".
    Hello, my name is OUTRACE and I'm a motorcyclist. It has been zero days since my last ride.