Thread: Come on... Opinions

Default Come on... Opinions

I thought you guys were MX5 Miata nuts.
    I need some "Ideas" on finding HP / TQ for this ITA project for next season. This is a semi TCB type project as I can't just buy a name pro engine.

I have located a header, and trying to figure out the best open air flow.

Below is a link to the SCCA site. If your interested look to the left and klick on Improved Touring and it will give you the rules.

http://www.scca.com/Club/Index.asp?IdS=0AC975-FB96CE0&x=030|057&~=

Thanks to any who help.

Mac
    Last edited by tailchaser; 09-10-2006 at 04:42 PM.
    Mac
    LS1 Miata Tiger Race Car (Build in Progress) TOPP Racing / East Street Auto / Saferacer.com / TeamMER
    "To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

i can fiberglass you a cowl induction if that'll help, i focused alot on cooling the engine bay temps by routing outside air through my own custom vents... just a thought.

eh, you're link isn't Mouglie-friendly. it made
    me copy it and paste it... no klicky clicky!!!
    10/30/06 - 93' black primered MX5 1.6L
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

Quote Originally Posted by IPRESS View Post
    I thought you guys were MX5 Miata nuts.
    I need some "Ideas" on finding HP / TQ for this ITA project for next season. This is a semi TCB type project as I can't just buy a name pro engine.

I have located a header, and trying to figure out the best open air flow.

Below is a link to the SCCA site. If your interested look to the left and klick on Improved Touring and it will give you the rules.
    http://www.scca.com/Club/Index.asp?IdS=0AC975-FB96CE0&x=030|057&~=
    Thanks to any who help.

Mac
    Mac, I think the problem is that you are not going to find many (if any) guys here that have been down a road remotely similar to what you are looking to do. Those of us going for big power have done so without the types of restrictions you are facing. I could talk till I'm blue about turbos and superchargers and full ECUs that I have researched and/or experienced, but that doesn't help you because those things are illegal for you. Most of those here that have done things under restrictions (namely autocrossers) have not gone past intake/exhaust. I get the feeling you are looking for a little more than that.

I know a couple guys here have had to have engine rebuilds done, but frankly it will be next to impossible to get them to admit to doing anything other that a 100% stock rebuild. Note: I'm not accusing anyone of cheating, just saying that anyone who would stretch the rules isn't going to talk about it.

You may need to find an in to talk to a few different engine builders, and see what they are seeing, doing, and asked to do. Gary can give you the number of his guy, but I don't think any builders frequent the site.

I hadn't thought of it from that view. You are right, if I was doing a street miata FI would be best for power and that is what most here know about. Maybe I can kidnap one of the pro motor builders when I go up to the Runoffs and break out the thumb screws and find out a secret or two!
    Mac
    LS1 Miata Tiger Race Car (Build in Progress) TOPP Racing / East Street Auto / Saferacer.com / TeamMER
    "To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

Add more blinker fluid!
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...