Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mineral Wells practice day?

Default Mineral Wells practice day?

Quote Originally Posted by brock
    What would it take to have an all MME AX practice day?
    $200. for Mineral Wells. That is about $20. each and run till you let the cord out of the tires. I might be able to get my hands on a timing system. I can set up one heck of a course in Mineral Wells without the grass and gravel. Map! we don't need no stink'n map...

The catch. No event insurance. Your car must have some.

Quote Originally Posted by general default
    What would it take to have an all MME AX practice day?
    $200. for Mineral Wells. That is about $20. each and run till you let the cord out of the tires. I might be able to get my hands on a timing system. I can set up one heck of a course in Mineral Wells without the grass and gravel. Map! we don't need no stink'n map...

I'm game!

Count me in too. What kind of insurance are you referring to? Will the regular full coverage policy work or is there some kind of special policy that is needed?

Quote Originally Posted by general default
    Your regular auto liability insurance. IF by some reason you run over someone out there the injured party would seek reparations from your insurance company first then you or both/all of us.

Each club has their own insurance for liability protection. At an independat practice like this set up by individuals there is not an "event policy". An event policy would start around $1200. and would be good for about 5 events I bet. It has been awhile since I looked into the price.

Really this concept belongs in a new thread. But I am thinking some time after mid September.

I would be in, schedule permitting. Can I bring two cars?

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I'd be game for that!

I've done this once or twice with another local group, on an "invitation only" basis.

I'd be interested, but the only caveat would be that we couldn't make this open to just anyone who walked in off the street, imho. The problem is that if something goes wrong we could all end up personally liable for it.

I wouldn't be comfortable letting in anyone we don't know, and know well. I would also suggest a "minimum skill level" or # of events attended before letting someone in, as there is a higher possibility of having an OTE at Mineral Wells and starting a grass fire, or having a rollover, or something else equally bad. That's just my two cents, take it for what its worth.

BTW guys, both my real name and my screen name have two i's in them. Aye-ey-aye-en.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I totally agree with Altian.

Does anyone know of any insurance companies that provide policies for autocross events? If not what kind of policy would cover an autocross event. I'm in the office all day tomorrow, and could call around for future reference.

I totally agree with Altian.

Does anyone know of any insurance companies that provide policies for autocross events? If not what kind of policy would cover an autocross event. I'm in the office all day tomorrow, and could call around for future reference.
    K&K insurance is about the only one that will do it. They have info/price on their website. They have a minimum price so it does not matter if you are doing it once or twice. But like Altian said you have to be real selective who you invite. Nice thing about small groups is you can run the course both directions in the same day or just change it at any time.

I am in provided, 1) I am "invited" 2) no problem with work.

Me too!

I figure that'd be a good way to start... and practice is what I'd need...

Now to get some tires...
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    Now to get some tires...
    Where'd you read about those?

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    Now to get some tires...
    Where'd you read about those?
    He shoots... He scores! BTW... <SNAP>

Here!

I get to decide on what brand, make, and model...

Don't want to run my heavy rubberbands on the track!

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

If we do this I think a practice day we need to limit the participants and only invite folks who have some autocross experience. I also think it would be a good ideal to not invite folks with Green Miatas..

Thank you please drive thru!

Count me in also, that is if i'm invited That's during football season, and sat woild be the best for me, but I can always tape the game

Paul
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    I also think it would be a good ideal to not invite folks with Green Miatas..

Thank you please drive thru!

:ncool:

Count me in, too.

Request: Would the Head Moderator Guy please change Mick's handle to FOS Racing
    What's left of a '96 Miata with stock clutch.
    My car exceeds my driving ability. That's the only possible explanation.

Chassis Designer

well i'm good on the green miata part, but experience i'm lacking. i wouldn't mind learning and i might try to come even if y'all won't let me race, just so i can get a feel for the environment and take some notes from you experienced types. perhaps we can discuss at the dyno day
    See profile for more details: 14.56 @ 94.89 on 50 shot. 2.18- 60', 9.40 @ 75.52- 1/8.

Chassis Designer

Hey guys, this seems to be a good idea. However, I think you should know that Bob Manskey expects every event to be insured. He used to request a copy of the policy but has since moved to the honor system. I'm not pooping on the idea, it sounds like fun. Just remember that in the very off chance that something were to happen it is possible that the site could be lost...
    David Smart
    Mazda MX5 Club - STR 194

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast