Linkie

FOR SALE: supercharged SM2 '99 miata

history: this car was built up by Dan Pedroza, who trophied with it several times in SM2 in Topeka (and collected a bunch of other wins & trophies). I bought it a year ago and have had lots of fun but I have to admit -- I am just not national-level SM2 material. So... I would like to find the car a new owner.

Quite frankly, this car can go in several directions at this point:
1) local terror/national trophy contender in SM2: you are ready to go! There are only a handful of faster SM2 cars in the whole country
2) Topeka class-winner in SM2: the car is *really* fast as is and a proven trophy-winner, but I you have some work ahead of you to beat a couple of the top cars (Andy's and now Erik's rx7s, for example); you have the power in a small & light package but you probably need to fit a different wheel & tire package and then revisit some of the suspension choices
3) XP: you can put on some slicks and win most XP competitions as is, and you have a great start on a potential national winner in XP. Of course this is XP, so you have lots of extra stuff you can (read: must, to win the top spot in Topeka) to pull out of the car, etc.
4) track car: you are ready to go if you can handle this much power on a track (I'm pretty sure I would kill myself!)
5) street car (and one or more of the above): you are ready to go in many states but you will have some wiring work to be legal in california; it has a cat 'n streetable exhaust but does NOT have a working ODB-2 port so it is not smoggable (per CA DMV) right now. You also might want to remove the acres of attention-grabbing vinyl :)

Anyway, this is a great opportunity for the right person: 300 horsepower miatas don't come along every day :). The engine is built & ready to go. The suspension is very good. This is a FAST car.

Here are some the details of the setup/modifications:
- FM 2.0L Stroker engine. +4mm billet crank (Molodex) and 1.5mm overbore Wiseco pistons with Carrillo A-beam (417g) rods held together with ARP head and main cap and studs
- 3-angle cut 1mm oversized valves with heavy duty valve springs and titanium retainers
- AEM wideband O2 sensor
- Torsen differential with 3.909 rear end final gear
- 9# Fidanza aluminum flywheel with ACT heavy duty clutch
- 1.2l Whipple twinscrew supercharger mounted to custom lower intake manifold
- Bell Intercoolers oversized intercooler rated for 350hp
- FM/Ron Davis oversized aluminum radiator with 16psi cap mounted with 12” Zirgo high flow fans
- Hallico Fab custom 4-2-1 headers.
- FM Freeflow catalytic converter
- Thermal 2 ¼” exhaust and muffler
- 90-97 Link programmable ECU
- 550cc fuel injectors
- Custom Hard Dog “Deuce” single hoop bar behind drivers seat
- Tuckin’99 Extraction Hood imported from Japan by Adrenaline Racing
- TEIN Flex coilover suspension with inverted shockbody design, adjustable damping control and pillowball upper shock mounts. Springs use standard rates at 7kg/mm front (396#), 6kg/mm rear (336#)
- Racing Beat Swaybar up front (1 1/8” tubular) with RB adjustable end links (stock rear swaybar)
- Goodridge Stainless steel braided brake lines front and rear
- Hawk HP Plus Race pads front and rear
- EBC Sport grooved brake rotors front and rear
- Corbeau Forza drivers seat (black) (uses lap harness belt)
- Corbeau Baja SS passenger seat (uses stock seatbelt harness)
- (4) 15x8 Revolution 5-spoke black one-piece race wheels (one leaks air & needs to be resealed)
- (2) 15x9 Kodiak 5-spoke split billet 3-piece wheels
- Autometer Phantom gauges: Air/Fuel ratio, coolant temp, boost, oil pressure
- Engine has always had Mobil 1 synthetic fluid, differential uses Royal Purple synthetic lube; transmission is running Redline fluids.

Asking $18,000 including a hardtop, a softtop, datalogging software, and at least one set of good 225/50/15 V710s.

And if you want a package deal on a tow vehicle ('96 suburban C2500) and/or lightweight open trailer let me know.

More pictures, details, answers, etc. available -- just email or call (cell is 408-242-7152; I'm in california so please don't call at 7AM eastern time :).

Thanks,
-- Glenn