Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Former Miata Pilots at Nationals

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Congrats! So was that 21 mpg behind the wheel of your RX-8? Did you take delivery?

Yeah. The only thing I got behind the wheel of Jon's RX-8 was a ticket just south of Topeka for 89 in a 70.

It will be at the autocross tomorrow. It will be dirty, it has amazingly noisy brakes (I need to order a set of OEM pads for it ASAP), and it will be covered in vinyl, but it will be fast. Keith managed to trophy with it again this year, despite coning every single run on Wednesday. He did manage to match Isley's scratch time down to the thousandth though, so I'm going to have to find a more powerful excuse generator.

One cool thing about B Stock - a 350Z managed to take 2nd place overall, and actually had fastest time overall on the East course. Maybe we'll see a few more of them start to show up.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I noticed a few more exciting bits...

There's a 240SX leading STS after 1 day... And LOTS of make/model variety

6 Miatas followed by some CRX followed by ozcop (in a CRX) in STS2
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Can't wait to see the car Iain!

Thanks for the SS results TC. I hope to see Ian Stewart get his first title this year. He's been really good at getting 2nd place. I used to race with him back in FL, he's an incredible driver.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

When are we going to see some pics? Congrats on the car and on the finish at nationals. Unless I land a co-drive, it will probably be after college before I can go.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Congrats to Matt McCabe for adding Miata glory to CSP and taking home a jacket.

Miataracer or whatever his name is for trophying in FSP.

DiSimo for managing 2nd in C Stock.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Looking forward to see what Matt has to report on his trip.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12