Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of selling the Miata

Default Thinking of selling the Miata

My question is since most of you know the history of the car, how much do you think (seriously) I should ask.

....now I realize that most of you are still on the floor laughing but try and be serious for a sec..lol

I am thinknig of buying a new Motorcycle, and need to know how much capitol I will have to work with.

Here are the things done to the car...
    TDR Shock tower brace
    Luisi Steering wheel
    PWR Radiator (double core)
    Spec stage 2 clutch
    Hard Dog Sport roll bar (single diagonal)
    Jackson Racing Header
    TDR Heat Shield
    Monster Flow intake
    KYB AGX (4 way) shocks
    Flyin Miata Springs
    Flyin Miata sways
    Roadster Sport 3 muffler
    Mazda Speed Comp. motor mounts
    PPF frame brace
    Harness tabs
    New Toyo TR1's
    New Falken Hanabi wheels
    New Rebuilt Motor from John Day Custom Engines
    Power everything
    ....I think that's it

Thanks in advance.
    99 Miata Black

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

If you get close to half of the value of all your add-ons, you'll be doing very good. Besides that, regardless of the shape of the car today, the salvage title is a killer on resale value.

If you have your original OEM parts to put back on, you could be better off selling all your after-market stuff piece by piece. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. (Seems like lots of folks are selling lately )

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    If you get close to half of the value of all your add-ons, you'll be doing very good. Besides that, regardless of the shape of the car today, the salvage title is a killer on resale value.

If you have your original OEM parts to put back on, you could be better off selling all your after-market stuff piece by piece. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. (Seems like lots of folks are selling lately )
    +1 I say if you want to make some $$ sell the aftermarket parts, as for the car, wasn't there some dude looking for a 99-00 tub?
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blaze View Post
    I am thinknig of buying a new Motorcycle
    Have you considered a Hybrid Motorcycle?

Yes my friend is looking a tub. But not one that has been crashed!

I agree with Samm. You are not going get much for the car. As for the after market stuff, you may get from 50 to 70% of what you paid. If you can, drive it until the wheels fall off is the best way to go money wise.
    Gabriel

Yes.......the car has been wrecked before but it's not like the car is a falling apart piece of crap, the car was rebuilt very well and in great shape with less than 59,200 miles on it and less than 2,500 on the engine, I just find it hard to believe that the value is nothing. Even the folks at the Dog House have commented on how clean the car is underneath, inside and out.

I will try another avenue to sell the car, I appreciate it.
    99 Miata Black

have you priced it already? i'm looking at miata's right now... really i'm looking for a first gen but i'll take whatever i can get...

will you be parting it?
    prices...
    10/30/06 - 93' black primered MX5 1.6L
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

Yes.......the car has been wrecked before but it's not like the car is a falling apart piece of crap, the car was rebuilt very well and in great shape with less than 59,200 miles on it and less than 2,500 on the engine, I just find it hard to believe that the value is nothing. Even the folks at the Dog House have commented on how clean the car is underneath, inside and out.

I will try another avenue to sell the car, I appreciate it.
    I don't think anyone is questioning the quality. However, If I were to build a race car, a salvage due to accident would not instill confidence in me. YMMV. Now previous flood damage on a car you will be gutting would be ok.

I'm with the masses on this. Either part it our or drive it until the wheels fall off. Regardless of the quality of repair, a salvage title is a big red flag on a car. That's just the facts.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Billy what do you think it's worth??

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    I don't think anyone is questioning the quality. However, If I were to build a race car, a salvage due to accident would not instill confidence in me. YMMV. Now previous flood damage on a car you will be gutting would be ok.

I'm with the masses on this. Either part it our or drive it until the wheels fall off. Regardless of the quality of repair, a salvage title is a big red flag on a car. That's just the facts.
    I think POS can attest to making a race car out of a wrecked car also. It just seems like you can never get the car to handle right and a tweaked chassis is usually the cause.

Question

Hey Billy you were quoted here as saying,
    I know I will never sell my car, for many reasons...

Thanks POS, I guess I was getting the feeling I should get out from under the car...before I put anymore money into something that is worth nothing to anyone else.
    Th car handles great now by the way I guess it was tread squirm, hard to believe it but I guess it was.
    I still love the car, i just feel if I put more money in it, I am just throwing it away.
    Last edited by Billy Blaze; 10-01-2006 at 09:30 AM. Reason: blah
    99 Miata Black

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

just feel if I put more money in it, I am just throwing it away.
    Here's an idea, don't. Just drive it and enjoy.

i just feel if I put more money in it, I am just throwing it away.
    I know I will never sell my car, for many reasons...
    Where's the problem? I have more in my car than what it's book value is as do many of the modified folks. I have no plans to ever sell my car so it's book value is of no concern.

Do what you want to the car and enjoy it.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Don't worry a lot about what your car cost you...

Run an amoritazation of how much a $35k car would cost you with interest if you financed it.

Automobiles are a depreciating asset, make it something you like (as you have) and drive the crap out of it.

And seriously, strong work as being selected as Miata of the Month.
    To do list: carpet X1, seatcovers X1

97' Green M Edition

▄︻┻┳═一

Thanks POS, I guess I was getting the feeling I should get out from under the car...before I put anymore money into something that is worth nothing to anyone else.
    I would think this would be a good time to try and move it with it's coverage on Miata.net if you are really serious about selling it.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    I would think this would be a good time to try and move it with it's coverage on Miata.net if you are really serious about selling it.
    I completely agree.

S.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast