Thread: Skirt?

Default Skirt?

Hello,
    I'm Robert, and I'm a boost addict. (ops... wrong meeting)

I've been in love with the Miata sense it came out. I was always looking for an MGB, or Fiat spider that was in good condition (like that was going to happen)
    So the Miata was a dream come true. I was finally in a position to get one in early '98. It just worked out that I found myself in need of a car the 1st day the NB went on sale.

The next morning I learned my first Miata lesson, I went to the Auto Parts store and came back 3.5 hours later burned to a crisp. Now I keep sunscreen in the car.

I drove the car as is for about a year, but some Moss guy kept sending me these catalogs. It all started with a cup holder and my addiction started. lol

at about 90K miles I added a JR M45 and my addiction shifted into High gear.
    But I was happy, well that is until one day I met the Track Dog and he let me drive his car. Dog Pox is very contagious and even more expensive to cure, or maybe I should say treat. So off came the M45 on went the MP62 and everything else.

All was good until that awful day last year when my Miata died at the hands of an SUV on 35E. Luckily with a great deal of work I was able to clone her and she is back stronger and more agile then ever.

Most weekend you can find me at the Doghouse drinking Gary's beer and hiding all his 10mm sockets and wrenches.

You can recognize me by the kilt I'm wearing.
    I wear my kilt whenever I can find an excuse and for this the guys at the Doghouse gave me the name Skirt.
    My reply to this was "if you call me skirt I'm going get a utilikilt ( http://www.utilikilts.com ) and wear it when I work on my car." I don't think they understood what they where getting into.

Thanks for putting up this site.
    Skirt

Silver '99, MP62, TDR Intercooler, Tein Flex, Borla Duals, HDHCDD, Oh and chicks dig the kilt!

Welcome to the Madness!

I just hope I'm not there when you are in the kilt and working under the dash...
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Welcome aboard!
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Hey Skirt...Welcome to the madness! How are the twins?

Love the ad for ikilts.com at the bottom of the page!

Welcome Skirt, nice to see you found something to do with your time.
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

Welcome aboard.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Welcome aboard!

Hey Skirt.....whazzzzzzzzzzzzzup? Nice to see you post on the mother of all Miata boards

hey whats up Skirt?, how ya been?
    99 Miata Black

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Welcome to the board. Is there anything worn under your kilt?
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

About damn time!

How ya doing Skirt? How are the twins? See ya at Hallett!
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Hola Robert, now tell how Jody and the twins are doing....... Soren turned 23 months yesterday.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by cone-cerned View Post
    Welcome to the board. Is there anything worn under your kilt?

No, nothing worn, everything is in perfect working order.
    Skirt

Silver '99, MP62, TDR Intercooler, Tein Flex, Borla Duals, HDHCDD, Oh and chicks dig the kilt!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    Hola Robert, now tell how Jody and the twins are doing....... Soren turned 23 months yesterday.
    Well guys as George Costanza would say "Stop trying to make my worlds collide!"

Everyone at home is fine. The twins will be 6 months old next Tuesday. They are growing like crazy, the nurses seem to always measure them gawk in disbelief and do a second measurement. The 14th is Jodi's and my anniversary so I guess I better work on something for that.
    Skirt

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scmx5driver View Post
    No, nothing worn, everything is in perfect working order.
    I just felt the need to set that old joke up for you.

At the high school robotics event I attended last weekend, an exchange student from Germany was wearing a Utilikilt workman. His is the first one I have ever seen.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67