Thread: where to get magnetic numbers?

Default where to get magnetic numbers?

???????????? Cheap!
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

Default Re: where to get magnetic numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Ataim
    ???????????? Cheap!
    Cheapest place I have found is izoomgraphics.com you can get a basic set for about $30. You can get some really nice ones for about the price that most other places charge for a basic set of numbers.

You can also use Magnetic stock from a hobby shop and print nubers on Avery waterproof mailing labels. The mailing labels can be found at OfficeMax. I don't think Office Depot carries these. I could have it backwards though. These will not work with an inkjet printer, so you will either need to have a laser printer, or go to Kinkos to print them out.

Something that others use temporarily is painter's masking tape. This can be found at any Wal-Mart, and I have yet to see it damage anyone's car.

How cheap?

Several of us have gotten our numbers from Pro Tape! Larry will even delivery them to an AX if you give ask nicely!

Styles & Prices

Or you can always make your own numbers!

dont you have any thing else to do other than surf on monday morning replies in ten and twelve minutes!

Thanks

Paul
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I got mine from - http://www.edecals.com/ They are also the ones who made our MME vent window decals for us.

dont you have any thing else to do other than surf on monday morning replies in ten and twelve minutes!

Thanks

Paul
    Let us see.... meeting, meeting, meeting, project reviews, meeting, meeting, weekend logs, meeting, meeting, NOPE nothing important.

Oops I forgot lunch in there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by brock

Thanks

Paul
    Let us see.... meeting, meeting, meeting, project reviews, meeting, meeting, weekend logs, meeting, meeting, NOPE nothing important.

Oops I forgot lunch in there somewhere.
    I ain't had a damn thing to do yet.

If you want to do them really cheap you can by the sheet magnet at hobby lobby and make your own numbers. If you were so inclined.

Quote Originally Posted by IMVivid
    If you want to do them really cheap you can by the sheet magnet at hobby lobby and make your own numbers. If you were so inclined.
    Even better, you can order bulk magnetic material cheaper online and do it yourself. I'm not a member of Team Cheap Bastard for nothing!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

OK,

I've got my magnetic sheets, the number style that I want. Now what size do they (numbers and class designation) need to be???

I think that I read that they the numbers need to be 8" tall and the class need to be 6" is that correct or something else

I bought 12"x24" sheets for 8 bucks each and a silver vinyl for 1 dollar per foot.

Gonna cut them out before sunday so I can go RACING

Man I wish that I could get out more than once a month

Paul

POS, how happy are you with your protape numbers? I got some from them, and they seem almost too thick. They wont really adhere to the car that well. SAMMM let me use his numbers at the last S2k event, and those were a little thinner and worked great, altough I think I am going to make my own.

Altiain, do you have source?

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

OK,

I've got my magnetic sheets, the number style that I want. Now what size do they (numbers and class designation) need to be???

I think that I read that they the numbers need to be 8" tall and the class need to be 6" is that correct or something else

Paul
    IIRC the dimensions are 8" tall for numbers and 4" for the class. Numbers are to be 2" brush strokes and class is 1"
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by Majik
    POS, how happy are you with your protape numbers? I got some from them, and they seem almost too thick. They wont really adhere to the car that well.
    If you have replaced the door rather than use the can of Bondo the magnets might stick better!

Mine are 3 seasons old and I still have them, so I guess the work pretty good!