Thread: Honda Accords

Default Honda Accords

Hey, my girlfriend is looking to buy an accord. We found a 2000 lx 5spd with 53000 miles on it today. The guy was willing to take 9,000 while they were asking around 11,5. This seems like a great deal. The car is very clean. The engine had no oil or grime anywhere. We are going to take it to a mechanic for a check over. Does anyone have any thoughts on the car other than it is very boring to drive? Thanks

It is very boring to drive... but it's one heck of an appliance.

My wife and I bought a '00 EX 4 cylinder automatic about this time last year. Overall it's been very reliable (although it has had a couple of minor electrical quirks - CD player quit working, SRS light comes on occasionally for no reason), but if you're looking for driving excitement, then this is not the car you should be looking at.

On the other hand, it's quite comfortable for long distance trips. We did a little over 2500 miles over the course of four days last summer, and it was the perfect vehicle to do it in - it just hummed along comfotably for hours with the cruise set at 90+mph, and got something like 26mpg in the process.

$9k sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Iain
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I'd rather have an Acura TL [S Type if you could find one within your budget], but like altiain said, the Honda Accord is a good reliable way to get from point A to point B. We had a 1983 model when we first got married (1994), and even with over ten years and 140,000 miles on it, the car was reliable and reasonably comfortable. Boring and uninspiring, but reliable and reasonably comfortable.

http://www.kbb.com/ Looks like $9K may be just a touch over trade-in value, although I guessed at some of the equipment on the car!

Have you run a carfax report on it?

I does sound like a good deal!

I am going to see if I can have the dealer run a carfax on it. I did a free one and it told me it had 11 records. But who knows what those are, inspections, wrecks, seeing Kestrel put on sunscreen....

Quote Originally Posted by Majik
    ....seeing Kestrel put on sunscreen....
    If it did that car may have serious issues! :P

Is it a stick or automatic? How does the car look to you?