Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hallett - The Real Story

Quote Originally Posted by trackdog View Post
    We run 375/335 lb. springs which are great for the street and track use, but now I see why the SPEC Miatas run 700/500 lb. springs.
    Gary

700/350
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

The TRK DOG RULES!!!!!! It's driver is pretty good too

Kidding Gary, you are SMOKIN' FAST!
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by Tim the Teacher View Post
    Guess which one is Ricky Bobby?

Poke fun if you want, but I was warm and toasty while the rest of you biched and shivered.
    Skirt

Silver '99, MP62, TDR Intercooler, Tein Flex, Borla Duals, HDHCDD, Oh and chicks dig the kilt!

Quote Originally Posted by miataspeedracer View Post
    Big thanks to the Head Dog himself for organizing our little group and providing his leadership. Thanks, Gary!
    Absolutely! Thanks Gary!
    Skirt

Silver '99, MP62, TDR Intercooler, Tein Flex, Borla Duals, HDHCDD, Oh and chicks dig the kilt!

Quote Originally Posted by scmx5driver View Post
    Absolutely! Thanks Gary!
    Ditto. Gary rules...both on and off the track

I am just the friendly support guy, had a blast. I do think we created a Monster; AKA Tim the Teacher. Now that we have a few guys get their first taste of the track experience I think they might be finding a way to rob a 7-11 store so they can join the Ranch. Keep your eyes out for a newspaper heading "7-11 robbed by crazed Miata driver, says he needed cash to support his habit".

It's addictive!

Gary
    Danger!!! This Dog Bites.
    www.trackdogracing.com

As long as items on ebay keep selling, I'll be able to get a MSR membership in a few years!

I won't say "I told you so" to the overly optimistic Titus...

Yes Titus................you under-estimated the driving abilities of a mild mannered teacher with a bad right knee. Too bad 3Bean wasn't there to watch me go insane with boost.
    I live where even the coyotes won't go...

Gary,
    How much power does it take to run a 1:28???????
    Merv

Quote Originally Posted by trackdog View Post
    I am just the friendly support guy, had a blast. I do think we created a Monster; AKA Tim the Teacher.Gary

I think the monster you created might have been sitting on the passenger seat up and back with Tim. We stop and eat at Chilli's and she starts up with, "you know, the Miata was supposed to be my car." and "If we had a 3 car garage..."

At the very least I suspect there will be two drivers for the Miata Nest year.
    Skirt

I think the monster you created might have been sitting on the passenger seat up and back with Tim. We stop and eat at Chilli's and she starts up with, "you know, the Miata was supposed to be my car." and "If we had a 3 car garage..."

Go Susan!!!!
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

It's all she talked about on the way home.
    I live where even the coyotes won't go...

Yeah, Tim can thank me for that.

Mike I hope we see some of your pics posted somewhere. Neither my dad or I took a single pic.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    Mike I hope we see some of your pics posted somewhere. Neither my dad or I took a single pic.

+1

Please post all of them if you can.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    My only problem is that I was running with you and I don't have a single picture of you, or your Dad's car. Tim did Susan have Sharpie's car number on her got to photograph list?

I do have some really good ones of Gary, Tim, Skirt, Speed, Magma and Harry. I bought a Digital SLR recently and there are some good ones. I have 700MB of images to cull thru still.

OBW if anyone has an opportunity to drop by Gary's place you must see his on board video of this 1:28.3 session at Hallet. It's simply unbelievable. Looks like its running fast forward. I simply can grasp the level of speed (since I felt that i was really hoofing it).

Maybe we can get a lap in a Mpeg file for you guys that can get over to the doghouse.

Mike

Any way we can get Gary's run up on youtube.com or googlevideo.com?

Not a problem Mike, we have plenty of pics of our cars at Hallett. I like looking at everybody elses cars too! It was such a fun day.

Merv, MSR 4 is calling

My car didn't lose any oil on the way home, so what am going to do with all that JDM oil I won?
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Any way we can get Gary's run up on youtube.com or googlevideo.com?
    I'll see if I can get GAry's camera and convert over a lap or two.

Speed you need to stop by and check it out.

Simply amazing the speed he carries thru that back section

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast